Sandra Lee to Be Released From Hospital After Successful Surgery

Sandra Lee Released From Hospital After Successful Surgery
Sandra Lee arriving at the hospital on Tuesday
James Devaney/GC Images

08/12/2015 AT 01:40 PM EDT

Good news for celebrity chef Sandra Lee.

She is doing so well after surgery yesterday for complications from her recent mastectomy that she has been cleared to leave the hospital today.

Her partner, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, is set to pick her up at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and take her back to their home in Westchester, New York, her rep says.

Once home, Lee will have steady nursing care for several weeks to ward off infection. The 48-year-old will receive antibiotics through a PICC line (a peripherally inserted central catheter) that the nurse will oversee, her rep says.



“Sandra is determined to go home and resume her life,” the rep says.

Dear Facebook family,Game, set, match!We visited Sandra in the hospital this morning and we're happy to share she...

Posted by Sandra Lee on Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Lee is recovering from breast cancer following her diagnosis in March and a double mastectomy in May. She was hospitalized for several days last week due to an infection.

In a Facebook post on Wednesday afternoon, Sandra's team said the Food Network star is "energized" and eager to go home following the operation.

"We visited Sandra in the hospital this morning and we're happy to share she seems to be back to herself - rearranging flowers on the table, cleaning countertops and organizing seating for her visitors. Then, true to form, she asked every member of the hospital staff she saw if they had eaten breakfast," the Facebook post said.
blog comments powered by Disqus

From Our Partners