Model Files Lawsuit Against Bill Cosby Over Alleged Drugging and Sexual Assault
10/06/2015 AT 08:00 PM EDT
The lawsuit by Chloe Goins comes just days after the Los Angeles Police Department turned over its investigation to the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office for possible criminal charges.
At a press conference outside LAPD headquarters, Goins said she chose to relive the "terrible encounter" so Cosby could be held accountable for his alleged attacks on women over the years.
"Your experience is just like mine, and mine is just like yours," she said. "We are not alone. We did not ask for these attacks. These attacks are not our fault. They have gone on long enough. It is time Bill Cosby is held accountable for his crimes."
Goins' allegations may be the first to fall within the statute of limitations and lead to a criminal case against the comedian.
"We say to Cosby they aren't faceless," Goins' attorney Spencer Kuvin said at the Tuesday conference. "He has not been held accountable."
Goins is asking for more than $75,000 in damages.
Cosby's attorney did not immediately respond for comment. In a previous statement, the star's lawyer, Marty Singer, said claims "about alleged decades-old events are becoming increasingly ridiculous." Meanwhile Cosby's lawyer Monique Pressley declined to comment when contacted by PEOPLE.
In the lawsuit, Goins claims that she was a teenager in 2008 when she attended an event at the Playboy Mansion in Holmby Hills and was introduced to Cosby by Hugh Hefner. Goins alleges Cosby gave her a drink and she immediately started to feel sick to her stomach and dizzy. She blacked out shortly after Cosby escorted her to a room in the Playboy Mansion.
"She awoke to find that her breasts were wet and sticky, as if someone had been licking them, and Bill Cosby was biting on one of her toes as he crouched at the end of the bed," according to the civil suit. "Immediately upon waking up, she was startled and asked Bill Cosby what he was doing. Bill Cosby then got up and immediately left the room."
"Cosby has a habit, pattern, practice and/or modus operendi of drugging and sexually assaulting women without their consent," the lawsuit states. "In fact, the nature of these activities establishes a history of a serial rapist that has been conducting these horrendous activities against women for over the last 40 years."
Goins came forward with the allegations to the LAPD in January. Following her claims, Singer released a statement refuting the allegations, stating that Cosby was in New York on the date that Goins claimed she was assaulted and that Cosby's lawyers would be "providing documentary evidence to the appropriate authorities which conclusively establishes Mr. Cosby's whereabouts on August 9th and for the preceding and succeeding days."
"If he has evidence then we would like to see it, and the LAPD would like to see it too," Goins' lawyer Spencer Kuvin told PEOPLE in January.
Cosby is scheduled to be deposed Oct. 9 by civil rights attorney Gloria Allred, who is representing Cosby accuser Judy Huth. Huth claimed that Cosby molested her inside the Playboy Mansion when she was just 15 years old.
The deposition will be the first time Cosby has spoken about the sexual assault allegations against him since a separate case in 2005. Portions of that deposition were unsealed earlier this summer; in the deposition, Cosby admitted he gave Quaaludes to a woman and had sex with her.
Cosby's attorneys have filed a motion seeking a protective order to prevent Allred and Huth from disclosing the deposition testimony.
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.