TV Watch Photo Exclusive

Charlie Sheen Hospitalized After Eating Bad Clams

Charlie Sheen Food Poisoning: See the Star Schmooze with Paramedics
Charlie Sheen with paramedics
Courtesy Charlie Sheen

06/09/2015 AT 06:20 PM EDT

In yet further proof that celebrities are just like us, Charlie Sheen spent a portion of Monday night in a Los Angeles emergency room with a "severe case of food poisoning," says his publicist Jeff Ballard.

"It was clams, bad clams," adds Ballard. "Nothing too exciting."

The former Two And A Half Men star had dinner [a seafood pasta dish] delivered to his house last night and started "feeling sick" a few hours later.

"Just to be on the safe side, he went to the hospital," says the rep. "They checked him out, hydrated him and sent him on his way. He was back home in bed 90 minutes later."



No word yet on how the clam fared, but Sheen, 49, is reportedly on the mend – he even snapped a pic, shared exclusively with PEOPLE of himself schmoozing with first responders – and, when last seen, was "outside swimming in his pool."
MORE ON: Charlie Sheen
blog comments powered by Disqus

From Our Partners