We asked "Beachin' " singer Jake Owen to share the top five places he'd rather be at any given moment, and it's no surprise that three of the five involve – you guessed it – the beach!
1. My hometown of Vero Beach, Florida – "That's No. 1 on my list! It will always be home for me. It's where all my coastal-living ways and beach ideas come from because that's how I grew up. I literally grew up on the beach every day. I just like my feet in the sand."
2. Grand Cay, Bahamas – "It's one of my favorite places to go, and I go down there a lot with my friends to go fishing and diving. No surprise that I picked yet one more place with water! I tend to be pretty into anything coastal. Being in the water just keeps me laid back."
3. Portland, Oregon – "It's just such a beautiful place. I know, again with the beaches, but I just love a beach out there called Cannon Beach. It's really one of the most beautiful beaches you could ever see. It's got the one of the largest monolith rocks in the world, just sitting right there in the ocean. I just love that. And I love photography, so it's a good place for me to go and take photos."
4. Winterhaven, Florida – "Specifically, my grandma and granddaddy's house. When I was a kid, I'd go there in the summertime and spend a week or two at a time over there and just have the best time. I'd get to hang out with my nanny and eat her good cooking, and sit out in the driveway and spit watermelon seeds with my granddad. Even now, every chance I get to go to my nanny's house, I go."
5. Chicago – "I have a lot of fun there. Chicago has been one of the greatest places to me in my career. I've just loved it there for a long, long time, and I have a history there. The radio station there, from the time that I've been just a little whippersnapper and had my very first song, they've embraced me. I started playing Joe's Bar, it's a little bar, and made my way to play at Soldier Field and Wrigley Field. It's just a city that means a lot to me. And when I'm not dieting, I like to get pizza every time I'm there!"