Survivors Visit Bataclan Concert Hall Nearly Four Months After Paris Terror Attacks
03/07/2016 AT 09:50 AM EST
The celebrated music hall, which has been closed since the attacks, reopened privately, allowing survivors and family members to return to the theater in which 90 people were killed during an Eagles of Death Metal concert. The visits took place on Friday and Saturday under tight security after being arranged in secrecy.
Jeremy Maccaud, a journalist for BFM TV, who was present during the concert when three terrorists commandeered the hall, told the network, he had "waited for this for a long time."
"I needed to take back this room, to regain the path that was mine before that night," he said.
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.
Twenty-seven people remain hospitalized as a result of the coordinated attacks which killed 140 and injured 413 across Paris. All remaining in hospital nearly four months after the attacks are stabilized, according Ministry of Health figures released last week. Twenty-two are currently in rehabilitation or recuperation.
Plans have been announced to completely renovate the Bataclan before the end of the year. Last month, the Eagles of Death Metal returned to Paris to finish their interrupted concert before an audience that included 900 invited Bataclan survivors. The band has repeatedly stated their desire to be the first act onstage when the restored hall reopens to the general public.