White House officials slipped the president's summer reading list to pool reporters as the First Family enjoyed sun and sea at a private beach on Martha's Vineyard Thursday.
The Obamas are in the midst of a 16-day vacation on the island, giving the president plenty of time to dig into both fiction (like Anthony Doerr's Pulitzer Prize-winning bestseller All the Light We Cannot See) and nonfiction (like Ron Chernow's George Washington bio Washington: A Life). Here's Obama's complete reading list:
1. All That Is by James Salter
2. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
3. The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert
4. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri
5. Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
6. Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow
It's unknown whether the president is reading actual books or using a digital device, but POTUS was spotted buying a hardcover copy of Lahiri's second novel, The Lowland, shortly after its release in September 2013.