Victim in Alleged Playboy Mansion Assault Drops Civil Suit Against Bill Cosby
02/02/2016 AT 05:35 PM EST
About a month ago, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office declined to file criminal charges in the case.
Federal court records in California show the attorney for Goins, 25, filed a voluntary dismissal of her' lawsuit today, as Cosby entered court in Pennsylvania to face an unrelated charge of aggravated indecent assault on another woman in 2004.
Meanwhile, in a separate case tied to an alleged encounter at the Playboy Mansion, Cosby on Tuesday was ordered to give a second deposition in a civil lawsuit filed by Judy Huth, who said she was 15 in 1974 when she claims Cosby sexually assaulted her at the mansion. Huth's attorney, Gloria Allred, first deposed Cosby in October 2015.
Cosby and his representatives have consistently denied all allegations of sexual assault or misconduct made against him by more than 50 women.
Goins had alleged that when she was 18, she attended a party at the mansion and felt dizzy and sick to her stomach after being given a drink by Cosby. She claims he then escorted her to a room, where she lost consciousness and awoke with her clothes off to find Cosby biting one of her toes and with her breasts "wet and sticky, as if someone had been licking them."
Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.
On Jan. 6, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office announced that it found no evidence to warrant criminal charges in Goins' account. Neither Cosby nor Goins was spotted in exterior video footage of the Aug. 9, 2008 event at the mansion; investigators further found evidence that Cosby was in New York that weekend, and his name had not appeared on any guest lists for events held at the mansion that summer.
Goins' request to have her civil lawsuit dismissed "without prejudice" preserves her ability to re-file the case at a later date. She filed the suit last October.
Cosby is confronting allegations in Pennsylvania made by Andrea Constand, the former director of operations for the Temple University women's basketball team, who says that Cosby sexually assaulted her at his house in January 2004 after giving her pills that knocked her out.
Cosby's defense argues that he was promised immunity – and therefore should face no criminal prosecution in Montgomery County – after he agreed to cooperate in a civil lawsuit filed against him by Constand by giving a deposition in which he admitted to offering Quaaludes to women he wanted to have sex with.