Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Boyfriend of Slain Legal Diva Star Loredana Nesci Acted in Self-Defense, Attorney Says
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Gisele Bündchen Gets Back to Yoga After Allegedly Being Spotted in Burqa
- Defiant Valerie Harper Gives Update on Health: 'I Am Not, Nor Have I Been, in a Coma'
- Is Scott Disick Regretting Split with Kourtney Kardashian in New Photo: 'The Grass Isn't Always Greener'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 17, 1980
- Vol. 13
- No. 11
Heiress Aileen Getty Becomes Elizabeth Taylor's Almost Daughter-in-Law
No matter, Elizabeth clearly dotes on the couple. Leaving her husband, Sen. John Warner, in Washington, she sallied West and rallied old friends. Martin Mull, Sissy Spacek, Roddy McDowell, Carol Burnett and Dudley Moore were among the 150 guests at a formal engagement party held at the Brentwood home of Aileen's divorced mother, Gail Harris Getty. Timothy Leary showed up, as did Taylor's mother, Sara, 89, and Aileen's two brothers—J. Paul III, who lost an ear to Italian kidnappers in 1973, and Mark, in from his British prep school, Harrow.
The 48-year-old Elizabeth shimmered in pearls and the hostess was a match in an amethyst choker. The kids weren't outdone. Aileen flashed an engagement ring of imperial jade encircled by diamonds, and Christopher, who is a photographer, sported a gold hoop and diamond studs in his left ear lobe.
The couple drifted together about two years ago and lived briefly with Chris' brother, Michael. After Michael left for London to form a rock band, Chris and Aileen moved on to a modest duplex in Hancock Park. Liz bunked in their bedroom during her L.A. visit—even on the night of their "surrogate marriage," as Aileen blithely called the engagement party.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!