Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mary J. Blige Files for Divorce from Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Man in Army Fatigues Arrested in Pennsylvania Theater Allegedly Had Stolen Gun, Ammunition and Respirator
- JoJo Drops Wiz Khalifa Collab, Announces First Album Since Label Lawsuit: 'I Never Left' – But 'I Didn't Own My Voice' for 7 Years
- Tennessee Dad Drowns While Trying to Save Daughters from Rip Current – How to Stay Safe in the Ocean This Summer
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- February 03, 2003
- Vol. 59
- No. 4
About a Bride
Toni Collette Relives Her Muriel's Wedding Glory with a Real-Life Walk Down the Aisle
Even better, this time there was no director yelling "Cut!" to spoil Collette's happy ending. The 30-year-old star of last year's About a Boy and 1999's The Sixth Sense wed David Galafassi, 25, a drummer in the Australian band Gelbison, on Jan. 11 in a sunset ceremony at her 25-acre ranch outside Berry in New South Wales.
The pair, who began dating early last year, kept the wedding details under tight wraps. The saffron-robed Buddhist monks who performed prayer chants before and after the civil ceremony didn't know whose wedding they were attending until they arrived, and the band and catering people had been told they'd been hired for Collette's birthday party. The secrecy paid off: "The wedding was so wonderful," says Griffiths, a newlywed herself after marrying artist Andrew Taylor on Dec. 31. "They are so lovely together and very happy."
After the ceremony Collette, wearing an embroidered cream-colored gown with antique lace created by Aussie designer Collette Dinnigan, and Galafassi, in a grey pinstriped suit, hit the dance floor with their 73 guests, stopping only to take in a fireworks display. The celebration continued until 4 a.m., capping an evening that Collette calls "more beautiful and amazing than we ever thought possible." Muriel certainly would have been proud.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!