Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Girl on Fire! Kim Kardashian West's Dress Catches Flames at CFDA Awards
- The Best Photos from the Week of May 25- June 1, 2015
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Worried' About the Final Vanity Fair Portraits, Says They Came Out 'Over-the-Top Great'
- Wally the Angora Rabbit Looks Like an Adorable Poodle-Bunny Hybrid
- Restaurant Manager Jumps Into Raging Texas Floodwaters to Save Driver
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- January 10, 2005
- Vol. 63
- No. 1
Already a Big Star in Spain, the Actress Makes Her U.S. Debut in Spanglish—and Teaches Adam Sandler a Few Choice Words
Sandler isn't the only one on whom Vega has left a lasting impression. Although some critics have nixed the movie, no one's complaining about the 28-year-old actress's breakout performance. In Spain, in fact, the Seville-born Vega (oldest daughter of retired bullfighter father Manuel, 57, and homemaker mom Paz, 51) is already a star. There she's best known for films like 2002's Talk to Her and 2001's nudity-drenched Sex and Lucia. "In Europe people don't worry about the body," says Vega. "It's normal. Here, people [are] crazy with the nude." With help from her husband, Venezuelan businessman Orson Salazar, 28, she shot an audition tape for Spanglish director James L. Brooks at her home in Madrid. Once she started filming in L.A., she began racking up cell-phone bills in the thousands by calling home. "Every 10 minutes we call," she says. "It was crazy. But for me, it was very necessary."
For now, Salazar has joined her in L.A., as she contemplates her next step. Daily seven-hour crash courses have improved her English, and she's also adapted to the perks of Hollywood: Casually sipping a margarita on an L.A. hotel patio, Vega waves to Salazar as he relaxes in the pool. "I'm very comfortable here," she says. "For me, everything is cool."
June 02, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!