Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Judge Denies Request to Protect Amber Heard's Dog, Pistol, after Hearing on Domestic Violence Allegations
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- Amber Heard's Shocking Abuse Claims Against Johnny Depp: Details of Alleged Attack 2 Days Before She Filed for Divorce
- Swimsuit Model Mayka Kukucova Found Guilty of Murdering Jewelry Tycoon Ex-Boyfriend Andrew Bush
- Police Allege Air Force Sgt. Used Chainsaw to Cut Up Remains of Ex-Wife Air Force Veteran Who Had Been Missing Since April
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 21, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 8
Little Big Man
To Lose 90 Lbs., Michael Clarke Duncan Had to Run (Holding a Tractor Tire), Pump and Pass on the Chips
Then 360 lbs.
Michael Clarke Duncan made his name as a big guy: In The Green Mile, The Scorpion King and Daredevil, the 6′5″ actor weighed in at 360 lbs. Then, a year ago, he decided to go from hulk to hunk. "I wanted to do a love scene with a tank top on," says Duncan. "But I looked like I was nine months pregnant—that wasn't cute at all."
So Duncan, 49, decided to whip himself into shape with a uniquely grueling workout. He bought himself a 100-lb. tractor tire that he ran with—and hit with a sledgehammer. Says Duncan, who plays a pit crew captain in the Will Ferrell comedy Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby: "It's good for your sides." So are kickboxing, Pilates and push-ups. Now 270 lbs., Duncan is proud of his new energy, which comes in handy when training alongside his girlfriend, Irene Marquez, 26. He can't understand why his nephews, 7 and 14, whom he has dragged along for workouts at an L.A. park, call him a drill sergeant: "I'm like, 'Aren't you guys having fun?' This is my idea of fun."
Okay, so veggies and chicken are not quite as fun as the soda and fried food he has sworn off. But his craving for potato chips with hot sauce is no match for that other longing. "I want females to see me as a sex symbol," says Duncan. "If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!