Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,172 covers and 54,888 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- And the New Miss Universe Is ...
- The Style Top 5: A Look at a Sexy New Jeans Ad (Starring Adrian Grenier)
Kendall Jenner's Makeup Secret & More
- The SAG Awards Brought Together Our Favorite '90s Crushes
- VIDEO: Watch Those As the World Turns Scenes Julianne Moore Mentioned in Her SAG Awards Speech
- Viola Davis Calls Out 4-Year-Old Daughter in Heartfelt SAG Speech
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday January 26, 2015 01:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 14, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 7
Former Cover Girl Kathy Ireland Finds Mentors for At-Risk Mothers and Advises, "You Have to Believe in Yourself"
Words to live by, especially for the 50 new mothers—unmarried and mostly in their teens—who were there as part of the L.A.-based Kathy Ireland Mentor Program for Single Teen Mothers. Since starting the program in 1990, Ireland has matched some 500 girls with female mentors, who meet with the girls at least four times a year and phone regularly to offer advice on everything from going back to school to ending an abusive relationship. (Each pair signs a contract to keep in touch for a year.)
Ireland—who this year awarded each girl a $500 scholarship for school costs—says her Christian faith fuels her desire to help: "I believe we are all God's children." One young woman Ireland has guided is Christina Perez, 23, who met Ireland four years ago when Perez was a high school dropout and unmarried mom. Today Perez is a married mother of three, studying for her GED and working part-time. "We all have value," she says. "Kathy taught me that."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!