Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Happy Birthday, Jennifer Aniston! The Newlywed Says She 'Might Just Quietly Celebrate' This Year
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- Gwyneth Paltrow Is at Peace with Aging: 'I Feel More Beautiful Now Than I Did 20 Years Ago'
- Bye bye, Blondie! Diane Kruger Is Now a Brunette
- Missouri Man and His Family Deliver Red Roses to Widows on Valentine's Day: 'It's Important to Bring Them a Hug'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 13, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 7
Usher's Wedding Go Round
Hours Before His Nuptials, Usher Calls the Whole Thing Off. Days Later, He's Back with Pregnant Fiancée Tameka Foster. What Now?
Perhaps none more than the bride, 36, who according to a source was "furious" when Usher, 28, pulled the plug. So what caused his cold feet? Some insiders say it was because Foster balked at the prenup (which she eventually agreed to sign); others point to Usher's concern about recent revelations about her past, including a conviction for auto theft. But most sources single out Foster's friction with Usher's mother, Jonnetta, since she started dating him in November 2005. (Despite reports to the contrary, his mother was invited.) Says a source: "When reality set in ... he panicked." Whatever the issues, it was no secret that tensions did exist. Usher—who told PEOPLE in April that he and Foster were going through "spiritual counseling"—was "never comfortable," says a source. In the two weeks they planned the wedding, "there was never a moment when he was smiling." Says a relative: "A week before, Tameka told me there were some disagreements going on; wedding details were still up in the air. It was a stressful situation."
Indeed Foster told PEOPLE on July 30 that the stress sent her to the hospital over the weekend. "We had a scare [with the pregnancy]," she says. "I was pushing myself way too hard. But I am fine, and the baby is fine. I don't know why everyone is sending their condolences ... All of the reasons that everyone is speculating and writing about [the cancellation] are completely untrue."
Despite the turmoil around the wedding that wasn't, the couple reappeared together July 30 in New York City, where Usher filmed a cologne commercial, and flew home to Atlanta together the next day. "Usher wants to be there for the baby," says a source. Plans appear to already be under way for a wedding in Atlanta. Though, as another insider says, "I wouldn't be surprised if she persuaded him to elope."
- Tiffany McGee/New York City,
- Jeffrey Slonim/New York City,
- Lesley Messer/New York City,
- K.C. Baker/New York City,
- Charlotte Triggs/New York City,
- Isoul Harris/Atlanta,
- Steve Helling/Orlando.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!