Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Jon Favreau to Direct a New Adaptation of The Lion King
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Usain Bolt Races James Corden and Owen Wilson in Hilarious Parking Lot Sprint (You Can Probably Guess Who Won)
- Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado Speaks Out After Donald Trump Continues to Attack Her Weight: 'It's a Really Bad Dream for Me'
- WATCH: Kate Hudson Says Working with Kurt Russell Reminded Her Why She Fell in Love with Making Movies
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 13, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 7
Usher's Wedding Go Round
Hours Before His Nuptials, Usher Calls the Whole Thing Off. Days Later, He's Back with Pregnant Fiancée Tameka Foster. What Now?
Perhaps none more than the bride, 36, who according to a source was "furious" when Usher, 28, pulled the plug. So what caused his cold feet? Some insiders say it was because Foster balked at the prenup (which she eventually agreed to sign); others point to Usher's concern about recent revelations about her past, including a conviction for auto theft. But most sources single out Foster's friction with Usher's mother, Jonnetta, since she started dating him in November 2005. (Despite reports to the contrary, his mother was invited.) Says a source: "When reality set in ... he panicked." Whatever the issues, it was no secret that tensions did exist. Usher—who told PEOPLE in April that he and Foster were going through "spiritual counseling"—was "never comfortable," says a source. In the two weeks they planned the wedding, "there was never a moment when he was smiling." Says a relative: "A week before, Tameka told me there were some disagreements going on; wedding details were still up in the air. It was a stressful situation."
Indeed Foster told PEOPLE on July 30 that the stress sent her to the hospital over the weekend. "We had a scare [with the pregnancy]," she says. "I was pushing myself way too hard. But I am fine, and the baby is fine. I don't know why everyone is sending their condolences ... All of the reasons that everyone is speculating and writing about [the cancellation] are completely untrue."
Despite the turmoil around the wedding that wasn't, the couple reappeared together July 30 in New York City, where Usher filmed a cologne commercial, and flew home to Atlanta together the next day. "Usher wants to be there for the baby," says a source. Plans appear to already be under way for a wedding in Atlanta. Though, as another insider says, "I wouldn't be surprised if she persuaded him to elope."
- Tiffany McGee/New York City,
- Jeffrey Slonim/New York City,
- Lesley Messer/New York City,
- K.C. Baker/New York City,
- Charlotte Triggs/New York City,
- Isoul Harris/Atlanta,
- Steve Helling/Orlando.
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!