Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Find Out What Joe Jonas Has to say About Exes Taylor, Demi and Gigi on WWHL's Plead the Fifth!
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Melanie Griffith on Being 'Introspective' and 'Totally Curious' About Her New Path in Life
- Oprah Winfrey, Kelly Clarkson, Kerry Washington and More React to Hillary Clinton's Nomination on Twitter
- Pretty Little Liars Star Troian Bellisario Doesn't Want Any Part of the Taylor vs. Kim Feud: 'I Would Choose the Green Party'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- August 13, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 7
Kevin and Britney It's Over ... for Now
The Divorce Papers Are Signed, but as the Pop Star's Erratic Behavior Continues, a Custody Battle May Be Looming
For the moment. As a source close to Federline, 29, says, "Once the ink is dry, look out." Federline, says the source, is ready to "go to court tomorrow to seek full custody" if Spears, 25, who spent a month at Promises rehab center earlier this year, does not follow the steps of recovery.
Not helping matters is Spears's recent erratic behavior—like bolting from a photo shoot after allowing her dog to relieve himself on a designer dress—and the frenzied atmosphere that surrounds her. While in Las Vegas last week, her bodyguard allegedly scuffled with two photographers, and one claims that Spears threatened to kill him. Federline, who had not been notified of her out-of-state travel with the kids as required by law, pressured her to return and, says a source, is "more than concerned." But Spears's longtime pal and former assistant Alli Sims says such scenes are an unfortunate result of a life in which Spears is "always being chased." Sims adds, "She's a wonderful mom and she is so hands-on." Those close to Federline fear that's not the case. "[Spears] puts soda in [the kids'] bottles," says one source. "She doesn't know any better, and no one is stopping her. She is good when they are good. She freaks out when they cry."
Meanwhile, Spears too is making noises about amending custody. Says a source close to Spears: "Britney believes when the kids are with Kevin that they're spending more time with the nanny." Counters a Federline friend: "The nanny is around to help out, but it's Kevin who wakes up in the middle of the night to calm and feed the boys." Adds his attorney Mark Vincent Kaplan: "He is a great dad, very structured. [The kids] are crazy about him." It is one thing he and his ex have in common. "Britney loves those babies to death," says Sims. "And they adore her."
- Bryan Alexander/Los Angeles,
- Howard Breuer/Los Angeles,
- Jen Garcia/Los Angeles,
- Marisa Laudadio/Los Angeles,
- Mary Margaret/Los Angeles.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!