Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 'I Cried for an Hour': Sandy Hook Parents Return to 'Sacred Ground' at Site of School Massacre
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Jared Leto: Playing the Joker in Suicide Squad 'Was a Role of a Lifetime'
- Matt Damon on His Jason Bourne Costar: Everyone Wants Alicia Vikander Right Now
- Snuggles on Set! John Stamos and Dave Coulier Take a 'Quick Power Nappy' Before Taping Fuller House Season 2
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
It's a Wedding, Wedding World!
Average cost of a wedding: $27,690 Average length of an engagement: 17 months
Average age of a bride: 26
Average age of a groom: 28 Number of weddings in the U.S. in 2006: 2,155,000
JULY BEATS JUNE
Though June is commonly regarded as the most popular month for weddings, more people actually got married in July than during any other month in 2004, 2005 and 2006
LAUREN & DAVID BLAIR hold the record for the most marriage vow renewals. First marrying in 1984, they wed for the 83rd time, on Aug. 16, 2004, in Las Vegas
THE WORLD'S LARGEST WEDDING CAKE was baked at the Mohegan Sun Casino by chef Lynn Mansel in 2004. It weighed 15,032 lbs. and could feed up to 59,000 people
Texas is estimated to play host to the most weddings this year—a whopping 191,072—while North Dakota will have the fewest, with 4,192
The longest wedding dress train measured 3,949.8 feet and was worn in Caudry, France, on Aug. 5, 2006
• Around 116,000 weddings take place in Las Vegas each year
• The average number of wedding guests is 167
• Average price of an engagement ring: $2,100
• Average price of a wedding band: $650
• 50% to 60% of couples live together before marrying
AVERAGE NUMBER OF WEDDINGS TAKING PLACE IN THE US EVERY DAY: 5,904
The largest underwater wedding took place March 26, 2005, when 208 divers in scuba gear dove in to see Stuart J. Rex and Misty Kuykendall wed in a swimming pool in Bakersfield, Calif.
12 MILLION DOLLARS
The most expensive wedding dress on record was laced with 150 carats of diamonds. It was created by dressmaker Renee Strauss and jeweler Martin Katz. No one bought it
THAT'S HOW MUCH BILLIONAIRE LAKSHMI MITTAL PAID FOR HIS DAUGHTER VANISHA'S '04 WEDDING—THE WORLD'S MOST EXPENSIVE NUPTIALS ON RECORD
Sources: Guinness Book of World Records, U.S. Census Bureau, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Association for Wedding Professionals International and The Wedding Report
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!