Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Can Luis Guzmán Recall His Most Memorable Characters?
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Kelly Clarkson Opens Up About Her 'Emotional' and 'Perfect' Surprise Wedding
- Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys Introduce Son Genesis Ali
- Inside the RHOBH Reunion: Why Brandi Is 'Furious'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 08, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 18
Kassandra-Lynn Gonsalves Assembles Gift-filled Pillowcases for Foster Children to Take from Home to Home
So the Fairhaven, Mass., seventh grader organized a barbecue and, with a group of friends, decorated 100 pillowcases with fabric markers and then filled each one with an address book—"to keep in touch with family and friends," Gonsalves says—a journal, pens and a stuffed animal. "They could use the pillowcase to carry their things," says Gonsalves, who grew up without a father and was raised by her mother, Lori, 34. Since then, she has donated more than 1,000 of her Good Night, Sleep Tight pillowcases, mostly to the New Bedford Department of Social Services, which has distributed them to foster kids throughout the state.
One of those children is Amy, 12, who entered the system a week ago. "I use the journal every night and I love the stuffed horse—he is so cuddly," says Amy, whose comments were relayed by a family-support advocate. Adds Samantha, 10, who is in her fourth foster home in three years: "This makes me feel like I can start a new beginning."
Do you know someone working to make a difference in the world? Send suggestions to heroes firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, phone number and return e-mail address.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!