Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- #StandWithPP: Lena Dunham, Kerry Washington & More Stars Tweet Support for Planned Parenthood
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- Etan Patz's Father Speaks Out as Son's Murder Case Gets Retrial: 'We Are Going to Go Through the Whole Thing Over Again'
- Bachelor in Paradise Recap: A Hilarious Tantric Yoga Date, Lots of Make-Outs and One Girl Goes Home
- Minions Cause Havoc in Real Life Too, It Turns Out
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 23
Two Years After Suffering a Stroke, Dick Clark Fights to Regain His Strength While Keeping His Career Going Strong
Clark's days now revolve around speech and physical therapy appointments. "I get up and work with a therapist for two hours, then I spend two or three hours at the office, then I go to another therapist in the afternoon," he says. "I take a nap, and that pretty much consumes the day." Still, despite his frustration at not being able to do "everyday things that are normal to people—like turning around and picking something off the floor," Clark is happy to report his mind is "clicking away. I may not be quite as busy as before, but I like to be active."
His latest project? Gathering nearly 1,000 items from his 50-year collection of rock-and-roll artifacts (see box)—including everything from Jerry Lee Lewis's piano to a lock of Elvis's hair—to be sold by Guernsey's auction house in New York City on Dec. 5. The sale will in part benefit the Bogart Pediatric Cancer Research Program, but it's also got another purpose, says Clark, who will be popping up once again on Rockin' Eve later this month. "It's a tribute," he jokes, "to the pack rats of the world."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!