Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 2 Killed, 16 Wounded in Mass Shooting Outside Florida Nightclub
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- Comic-Con Has Started – and Fans Are Going All Out with Their Costumes
- RHONJ's Teresa Giudice Struggles to Balance Motherhood with Post-Prison Restrictions: 'It's Hard to Be Monitored All the Time'
- 7 Times Jennifer Lopez & Her Rock-Hard Abs Made Us Forget She's 47
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 23
The 'Confession' That Wasn't
Bowing to Widespread Outrage, a Publisher Scraps O.J. Simpson's Controversial Book
At least not for long. After a public outcry, FOX and Regan (both owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation) announced on Nov. 20 that both the book, If I Did It, and the interview had been scrubbed. "This was an ill-considered project," said Murdoch. "We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families."
Why would Simpson, 59, now living near Miami, agree to put his name on a book that publisher Judith Regan described as tantamount to a confession? "Perhaps for the money," says his friend Delvon Campbell. "He's got bills to pay." His attorney Yale Galanter says Simpson's earnings on the book (reportedly $3.5 million) were to go directly to his children Justin, 18, a freshman at Florida State University; and Sydney, 21, a sophomore at Boston University. "His main motivation for doing this was for their protection," says Galanter, but even he isn't sorry the deal's off. "I cannot think of a project," he says, "in poorer taste."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!