Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Rock's Estranged Wife Malaak Speaks Out About Clash Over Child She Says They Raised as Their Own
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Teresa Giudice Will Spend Thanksgiving Alone in Prison to Make Holiday as 'Normal as Possible for the Girls,' Source Says
- Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Step Out for Lunch in Calabasas Ahead of Thanksgiving
- Mark Zuckerberg Is 'Thankful' for Family, Shares Sweet Photo of Pregnant Wife Priscilla Taken By Annie Leibovitz
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- December 04, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 23
Baby Hampton Otis Is the Latest Happy Note in the Life of Rising Nashville Star Josh Turner
October 6, 2006
8 lbs. 12 oz.
Even before he was born on Oct. 6, Hampton Otis Turner was treated to a very special lullaby: his dad's concerts. While his mother, Jennifer, was pregnant, she sang backup and played keyboards for her husband, country star Josh Turner. "The whole nine months he was inside Jennifer, she was onstage with me," says Hampton's proud papa. "So he's heard our show probably more than he wanted to!"
Lucky kid. Dad boasts two back-to-back platinum albums—his 2003 debut, Long Black Train, and this year's Your Man—and he recently scored a No. 1 country hit, "Would You Go with Me," as well as a best newcomer nod at the Nov. 6 Country Music Association Awards. But Turner, 29, is just as happy assembling baby furniture and being the best new swaddler of the family. "You can't [wrap] him tight enough, he's getting so strong," says Turner, whose rich baritone draws comparisons to Johnny Cash. He honed his southern charm as a kid in the small farming community of Hannah, S.C. "Learning to listen to people's stories, jokes and advice [there] really prepared me for what I do today," says Turner.
Though he'll tour again in November, he says, "I'm not just a country singer, I'm a father now—that gives a whole lot more meaning to life." Which is why Mom and Dad plan to bring Hampton on the road early next year. "Neither one of us wants to miss out on his first words or first steps," explains Jennifer, 28. And maybe someday soon ... his first guitar strum? Says Jennifer: "He has the longest fingers!"
November 23, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!