Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What We've Learned from 25 Years of Mariah Carey Videos
- The Best Photos from the Week of July 27- August 2, 2015
- 79-Year-Old Norwegian Man Swims Across Fjord to Own Wedding
- Football Family! Kim Zolciak-Bierrman and Her Kids Cheer on Their NFL Star Dad
- Victims of Sandy Hook Shooting Settle $1.5 Million Lawsuits Against Estate of Shooter's Mother
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 20, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 21
Neil Patrick Harris 'I Am a Very Content Gay Man'
The How I Met Your Mother Star (Formerly Known as Doogie Howser, M.D.) Makes the Decision to Come Out
His life in the spotlight began at age 16; for four seasons Harris starred as the titular prodigy on Doogie Howser, M.D. After the show ended in 1993, Harris continued to work in TV, movies and theater. In 1997 he starred in the L.A. production of Rent. In 2004 he landed on Broadway in Stephen Sondheim's Assassins, but after that, he said, "I felt the need to come home" to L.A.
Now that Harris has publicly come out, his sitcom colleagues have been supportive. "Calling this 'coming out' seems kind of absurd," says Mother co-creator Carter L. Bays, "because being gay isn't something Neil has ever hidden from anyone who knows him. He's proud of who he is, and should be—he's ... a terrific guy." Harris's fans agree. "Still got a crush on him," wrote one female admirer in an Internet chat room. "He's a great actor [and] that's what counts."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!