Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taxi Driver Has Not Yet Been Charged in Deaths of A Beautiful Mind Mathematician John Nash and Wife
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- See Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Romantic First Dance at Their Wedding (and Every Other Major Moment You Missed)
- Joyce Giraud's Home Burglarized as She Reportedly Watched Video on Surveillance Phone App While on Vacation
- Sandra Lee Returning Home After Undergoing Double Mastectomy: 'Today Is an Exciting Day'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- November 13, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 20
The Wild World of Borat
Watch Out, America. Lewd, Crude and Outrageously Rude, Fictional TV Reporter Borat (a.k.a. Comic Sacha Baron Cohen) Makes His Way from Kazakhstan to Hollywood
He's bigoted. He's sexist. He has ticked off Virginia rodeo-goers, southern belles and an entire ex-Soviet republic. But is he funny? Audiences will decide when Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (yes, that's the full title) hits theaters this week. Behind on the buzz? Borat, a Kazakh journalist prone to making outrageous comments in fractured English, is a character played by British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, who gives interviews only as Borat.
In the largely unscripted movie—which has won critical raves but also drawn fire for the character's flagrant anti-Semitism—Borat travels across America interacting with unsuspecting participants from politicians to Pamela Anderson. "Because he's courageous and unexpected, you don't know what part of it is real," says comic Stephen Colbert. "That's what's really amazing."
WHO IS SACHA BARON COHEN?
Best known for his character Ali G, a wannabe gangsta rapper who appeared on his own HBO show, the Jewish, London-born son of a clothing-store owner and an aerobics instructor studied history at Cambridge. The 6'3" Baron Cohen, 35, lives in L.A. with fiancée Isla Fisher, 30 (Wedding Crashers). Says fellow British comic Ricky Gervais: "He's very quiet and very clever."
Central Asia. It's oil-rich and four times the size of Texas. And no, its citizens don't drink horse urine and keep women in cages, as Borat claims.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!