Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,187 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jillian Michaels' 4 Easy Secrets to a Sexy Beach Body
- The Style Top 5: Reese Witherspoon Channels Elle Woods,
Steal the Styles from Wet Hot American Summer and More
- Bachelor in Paradise Recap: Who Paired Up, Who Broke Down – and Who Went to the Hospital
- I Am Cait Recap: Caitlyn Jenner Isn't Ready to 'Expose' Herself in a Swimsuit
- Watch Rachel Dratch Turn a Dull Den into the Most Fun Room in the House
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 03, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 10
Pretty In Ink
Celeb Tattoo Artist Kat Von D Makes Her Mark on Hollywood
One of the top female artists in the tattoo world, she needles celebs and civilians on her new TLC show [L.A. Ink], a spinoff of the popular [Miami Ink]. Her own ink? Everything from portraits of Mexican actresses María Victoria and Elsa Aguirre on her shins to roses on her neck to Beethoven on her hip. "I'm a Beethoven fanatic," says Von D (short for Von Drachenberg), who has a cat named Ludwig.
At 14, she ran away from home. Her Argentinian parents "were really strict," she says. "For their daughter to be tattooed, drop out of high school and be rock and roll—they thought I was possessed by Satan." Eventually they accepted her lifestyle. Von D, 25, has even tattooed a lotus flower on her mother's back: "It was pretty gnarly of her!"
WHY HER ART IS MORE THAN SKIN DEEP
A specialist in photo-realism, she often inks memorials. "I remember this lady got a portrait of her son, who had shot himself. When I was done she started crying and I held her. She came to me to help her heal. That's an honor."
August 01, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!