Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: Corey Feldman Covers Pink Floyd's 'Money' Live in Hollywood
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- WATCH: Find Out Which Kardashian Sister Has Gotten Hands-On in Helping Rob Cope with Social Anxiety
- You'll Never Guess Whose Sweater Princess Charlotte Is Wearing
- 14 Years After Her Last Olympic Medal, Figure Skater Michelle Kwan Is Working to Get Hillary Clinton in the White House
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 10, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 11
Britney & Kevin's Custody Battle: Taking Sides
As News of a Child-Services Complaint Is Discussed During a Court Hearing, Spears's Estranged Parents Show Up to Babysit—for Their Former Son-in-Law
If there was any question of strife between Spears, 25, and her family, her parents' voluntary membership in Federline's babysitters' club speaks volumes. Already bitter that her mother pressured her into rehab ("Lynne has used the kids as bait, guilting Britney into making decisions she regretted later," says a Spears pal), now "Britney's angry because Lynne sided with Kevin," says a family friend. Unable to see the boys with Britney, Lynne visits them at Federline's home, where Spears's dad, Jamie, 55—whose relationship with Britney has been strained since he and Lynne split in '02—also stopped by on Aug. 16.
Spears's isolation from her family comes when she could use a lifeline. The Britney vs. K-Fed custody fight took a darker turn at an impromptu hearing Aug. 27, which focused on a complaint that the L.A. County Department of Children and Family Services received questioning the safety of the couple's sons. The fact her parents, after their own contentious divorce, are now presenting a united front reflects the severity of the rift. But Spears isn't likely to budge any time soon. "We always push Britney to make up with her mom," says her friend, "but she feels like she can't trust anyone. [The babysitting] is just another example of that mistrust. It's only making things worse."
- Reported by Jennifer Garcia/Los Angeles,
- Mary Margaret/Los Angeles,
- Ruth Laney/Kentwood,
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!