Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Things You Didn't Know About Khloé Kardashian (and Her Extensive Beauty Routine)
- The Best Photos from the Week of Mar. 23- Mar. 29, 2015
- Finding Carter Stars Reveal Their #ManCrushMonday
- Robin Williams's Widow and Children Agree to Mediation in Fight Over His Estate
- Senior Citizens Go Bare in Calendar to Help Local Kids in Need
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 10, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 11
Mad About Him
Playing a Boozing, Cheating Ad Exec on AMC's Mad Men, Jon Hamm Sexes Up the '60s as TV's Hottest New Leading Man
HOMETOWN: St. Louis
LATEST GIG: Stars as a married man with a mysterious past (and a taste for brunettes) on AMC's acclaimed series
• THOSE WERE THE DAYS: Set in 1960, Mad Men harkens back to an era of three–martini lunches and wide–eyed secretaries. Hamm's character, New York City advertising hotshot Don Draper, and his colleagues take full advantage of both. "Men absolutely had it better" back then, Hamm says with a laugh. "The dream of success and happiness was coined by these guys. If you drive this car, smoke this cigarette or use this cologne, you will be happy. It was a sexy and alluring time. It was like being a kid in a candy shop if you were a white Anglo male."
• MAKING AN HONEST MAN OUT OF HIM: Unlike his philandering counterpart, Hamm's a one-woman man. "I've been with the same girl for 10 years," he says: actress Jennifer Westfeldt (Notes from the Underbelly), 37. "We're incredibly happy. We have a great life together, a beautiful dog, a house. I'm a very lucky guy." Marriage? "We'll cross that bridge when it comes up ... and I can't say it hasn't come up!"
• SMOKING SECTION: On the show, everybody smokes–everywhere. "I quit smoking when I was 24," Hamm says. "It's glamorous on film, but it's not glamorous waking up and smelling like an ashtray." On-set, "There's no nicotine in what we're smoking. It's herbal. The taste is a cross between lawn clippings, mint and pot."
March 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!