Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 12
Whoopi Goldberg: My First Day at The View
After Her Debut in Rosie O'Donnell's Old Seat, the New Cohost Talks Politics, Grandkids and Fashion (Mismatched Socks?)
We haven't seen much of you lately, until now. What have you been up to?
After the supposed remarks I made [mocking President Bush during a 2004 Democratic fund-raiser], it got very difficult to get work. It was scary. I've taken every President to task, but I started thinking, "Do I stop being political?" At that time no one was saying anything that wasn't in step [with the Bush Administration]. It's okay now to be an American again. It's okay to get the dialogue going.
Barbara Walters seems to want to dialogue about your fashion sense.
Everybody wants to dress me up! But I've never been a glamour-puss. I like comfort. I love The Gap. And there's a company out of Vermont that sells mismatched socks, so I started buying them.
How's life as a grandma [to Amarah, 17, Jerzey, 11, and Mason, 9]?
My first granddaughter is turning 18 on my birthday—it's great. My daughter [Alex] is a much better parent than she was raised around. I wanted her to be my friend. Now we realize [kids] need that structure!
Speaking of structure, you've lost some weight.
43 lbs. It's amazing. The lady from L.A. Weight Loss said to me, "Your body is [like] a car. And you have to keep it in tune. [Eating the wrong foods] is like putting diesel into an engine that doesn't use it." That made sense.
What will set you apart from past View moderators?
I just know that no one else is me. And I'll be bringing me, every day.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!