Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- How Gymnast Simone Biles Overcame Being Given up by Her Mother – and Became an Olympic Gold Hopeful
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Hungry Girl: My Guide to the Best Iced Coffees of the Summer
- WATCH: Southern Charm Cast Gangs Up on Single Mom Kathryn Dennis in Explosive Reunion Preview
- Prince Harry's Ex Chelsy Davy Opens up About the 'Scary' Scrutiny Surrounding Their Relationship: 'I Couldn't Cope'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 12
Whoopi Goldberg: My First Day at The View
After Her Debut in Rosie O'Donnell's Old Seat, the New Cohost Talks Politics, Grandkids and Fashion (Mismatched Socks?)
We haven't seen much of you lately, until now. What have you been up to?
After the supposed remarks I made [mocking President Bush during a 2004 Democratic fund-raiser], it got very difficult to get work. It was scary. I've taken every President to task, but I started thinking, "Do I stop being political?" At that time no one was saying anything that wasn't in step [with the Bush Administration]. It's okay now to be an American again. It's okay to get the dialogue going.
Barbara Walters seems to want to dialogue about your fashion sense.
Everybody wants to dress me up! But I've never been a glamour-puss. I like comfort. I love The Gap. And there's a company out of Vermont that sells mismatched socks, so I started buying them.
How's life as a grandma [to Amarah, 17, Jerzey, 11, and Mason, 9]?
My first granddaughter is turning 18 on my birthday—it's great. My daughter [Alex] is a much better parent than she was raised around. I wanted her to be my friend. Now we realize [kids] need that structure!
Speaking of structure, you've lost some weight.
43 lbs. It's amazing. The lady from L.A. Weight Loss said to me, "Your body is [like] a car. And you have to keep it in tune. [Eating the wrong foods] is like putting diesel into an engine that doesn't use it." That made sense.
What will set you apart from past View moderators?
I just know that no one else is me. And I'll be bringing me, every day.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!