Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Not Even Chrissy Teigen Could Score This at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Style Top 5: Gigi Hadid Shares Her Beauty Don'ts, Blake Lively's Million Dollar Style Week and More
- Cecily Strong Goes in for Hillary Clinton – and Bill – at the White House Correspondents' Dinner
- The Best Lines from Barack Obama's Speech at the White House Correspondent's Dinner
- Michelle Obama Embraces Her Inner Disco Queen at the WHCD
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 12
One Good Deed ...
Doctors Say Ashley Sanders Saved Heather Fox's Life Following a Street Shooting. Now, Fox Would Like to Return the Favor
But cars drove around Fox, honking at her to get out of the way. Fortunately, Ashley Sanders heard Fox's screams. Sanders, now 19, ran into the street and guided Fox to the sidewalk, where she had her lie down and put a T-shirt under her head. "All the adults were standing around watching me, saying, 'Don't touch her, don't touch her,'" says Sanders. Instead, using what she had learned by watching shows like CSI, she applied pressure to Fox's wound to slow the bleeding until paramedics arrived. Doctors later told Fox she likely would have died without Sanders's quick action.
Within two weeks, Fox visited Sanders. "I said I owed her everything," says Fox. "It was very emotional." She also said to call if she needed any help—and two months later, Sanders did just that. "Could you help me find a job?" she asked. Fox went one better, setting up an educational trust fund for her hero. (The Tennessee Technology Center later gave Sanders a full scholarship to become a pharmacy technician.) Since then the two have become close friends, talking frequently, looking out for each other. "She's like my guardian angel," says Fox. "There's just so much love." Adds Sanders: "It's a bond that I don't have with any of my other friends."
- Reported by Michelle Diament/Memphis.
April 25, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!