Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Who Is Performing a Surprise Duet at the 2015 Academy of Country Music Awards?
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- Khloé Kardashian and French Montana Show Sweet PDA in Miami
- Dolly Parton Shares Her Secrets to Her Happy Marriage
- Justin Timberlake to Jessica Biel: 'I Can't Wait to See Our Greatest Creation Yet'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 12
One Good Deed ...
Doctors Say Ashley Sanders Saved Heather Fox's Life Following a Street Shooting. Now, Fox Would Like to Return the Favor
But cars drove around Fox, honking at her to get out of the way. Fortunately, Ashley Sanders heard Fox's screams. Sanders, now 19, ran into the street and guided Fox to the sidewalk, where she had her lie down and put a T-shirt under her head. "All the adults were standing around watching me, saying, 'Don't touch her, don't touch her,'" says Sanders. Instead, using what she had learned by watching shows like CSI, she applied pressure to Fox's wound to slow the bleeding until paramedics arrived. Doctors later told Fox she likely would have died without Sanders's quick action.
Within two weeks, Fox visited Sanders. "I said I owed her everything," says Fox. "It was very emotional." She also said to call if she needed any help—and two months later, Sanders did just that. "Could you help me find a job?" she asked. Fox went one better, setting up an educational trust fund for her hero. (The Tennessee Technology Center later gave Sanders a full scholarship to become a pharmacy technician.) Since then the two have become close friends, talking frequently, looking out for each other. "She's like my guardian angel," says Fox. "There's just so much love." Adds Sanders: "It's a bond that I don't have with any of my other friends."
- Reported by Michelle Diament/Memphis.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!