Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Friends and Family Rally Together to Throw Teen Battling Cancer Her Very Own Prom
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed To Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'
- Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Who Was Vacationing with Family Before Texas Floods Hit Has Been Found
- A Ripped Jake Gyllenhaal Vacations in Italy with Longtime Best Friend Greta Caruso
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 17, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 12
GOP Sen. Larry Craig Stung by Scandal
After His Arrest in An Airport Men's Room, His Family Stands Firmly by His Side
Friends say the senator and his wife of 24 years, Suzanne, 63, are bearing up well. "I've laughed with them in recent days," says Bess Conway, a neighbor in the Washington, D.C., marina where the senator lives aboard a 42-ft. yacht when in the capital, while his wife, a retired dietitian who also worked in the beef and dairy industries (and is, like Craig, an avid gardener), maintains their home near Boise. "Suzanne is very much in love with Larry," says Craig staffer Kendra Waitley. "I'm sure they'll get through this." The pair, who spend most weekends together, began dating in 1980. After marrying in '83, Craig adopted Suzanne's kids from a previous marriage.
Three days after his resignation, son Michael Craig, 38, and daughter Shae Howell, 36, appeared on ABC's Good Morning America to voice support for Craig's version of events—that he made no sexual overtures in the airport bathroom—saying they had questioned him on his arrest and subsequent guilty plea (for disorderly conduct) and were satisfied he was telling the truth. "It was tough standing there next to him," Michael said of the resignation. "But we are family, and we stay together through good times and bad."
- Reported by Susan Mandel/Washington,
- Sandra Sobieraj Westfall/Washington,
- Cathy Free/Salt Lake City.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!