Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Corbin Bleu Is Married! The High School Musical Alum Ties the Knot!
- Read the Cover Story: JFK Jr.: The John We Loved
- VIDEO: Why Amy Winehouse's Mom Has No Regrets: 'I Couldn't Have Done Anything Different'
- Tom Hiddleston Attends Comic-Con After Trip Down Under with Taylor Swift
- WATCH AND SHOP: This Self Tanner Works Instantly (Then Lasts for Weeks!)
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- September 24, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 13
Actress Tawny Cypress Finding My Father
It had been eight years since Cypress, 31, had seen her father, a Vietnam War vet and "roamer," she says, who divorced her mother before she was born. In that time she had married, had a son, divorced and appeared on such shows as NYPD Blue, Third Watch and Heroes. Now she plays police officer Ginger LeBeau on K-Ville, which just happens to be set in post-Katrina New Orleans.
Her own hurricane story has a happy ending: A week and a half after posting her message, Cypress got a call from Gene, who had heard she was looking for him from a relative. She invited him to visit her in Brooklyn; a few weeks later, he did. "It was overwhelming," she says of the reunion. Now she is working in the Big Easy on her new show and building a new relationship with her dad, whom she talks to often. "We're taking it slow," she says. "But it's wonderful. Out of Katrina, I got my dad back."
- With Ruth Laney/New Orleans.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!