Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- The Survivor: Worlds Apart Runners-Up Tell All: 'We Were So Close! '
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Sarah Palin Reveals Why Bristol and Her Ex-Fiancé Are Celebrating on What Would Have Been Their Wedding Weekend
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Won't Be Joining Netflix's Full House Reboot
- Wiz Khalifa Jokes That He 'Would Die' If Son Sebastian Got Tattoos
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 02, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 14
Ugly Betty's America Ferrera
HOMETOWN: Los Angeles
LATEST GIG: The not-so-fashion-forward Betty Suarez on ABC's Ugly Betty, premiering Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. ET
• UGLY IS BEAUTIFUL
Playing a homely assistant at a fashion magazine, Ferrera embraces Betty's braces and bulky sweaters. "Think back to Charlize Theron's role in Monster—[ugly] roles are enticing," she explains. "It's fun as an actress to go somewhere extreme. I'm okay if people don't know who I am, but if you remember my character that would be great."
• GLAM SLAMMED
"I really hate the duties of being a celebrity, like getting dressed up for the red carpet," says Ferrera, who is one semester away from a degree in international relations at USC. "I work myself into a lather where I'm like, 'This isn't me. This isn't what I want to be doing. I just want to be in my sweats, walk my dog, watch TV and eat pizza.'"
• GO FIGURE
"I think it's hilarious when magazines call Jessica Alba or Eva Longoria curvy," says Ferrera, who flaunted her voluptuous form in the 2002 Sundance hit Real Women Have Curves. "Come on. They're not curvy, they're small—I'm curvy!"
Go to people.com/falltv for the complete PEOPLE fall TV package, with interviews, TV clips, reviews and more.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!