Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Watch Maroon 5, 5SOS Pharrell & Gwen Stefani Perform at the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- Read the Cover Story: Family and Friends Remember Robin Williams
- Kate Upton Tells Boyfriend 'You're Welcome' for Her Sexiness
- PEOPLE Magazine Awards: Watch Mindy Kaling and Chris Messina's Hot Moment! (VIDEO)
- Photo Proof That Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez Never (Ever!) Age
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Friday December 19, 2014 01:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- October 23, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 17
Picks and Pans Review: George Strait
"Give It Away," this album's bitter divorce song, is George Strait's 53rd No. 1 country hit in his 25-year career. That statistic is more than just something to warm the heart of record-company bean counters; it is a tribute to the sagacity and finely tuned taste of Strait and his producer, Tony Brown, whose ears for good songs have only gotten better with age and experience. This excellent disc includes at least a half-dozen tunes that any country singer would want to record. Two of them are covers—Bruce Robison's clever "Wrapped" and Jo-El Sonnier's evocative "Come On Joe"—that are especially suited to Strait's warm, witty style and mellow baritone. Whether he's singing the Lone Star State boogie "Texas Cookin'" or the empathetic ballad "He Must Have Really Hurt You Bad," he always sounds completely at ease. If ever there was a natural in country music, it's Strait.
DOWNLOAD THIS: "Come On Joe"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!