Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Hilary Duff's Super-Thick Geek Chic Glasses: Obsessed or Hot Mess?
- The Best Photos from the Week of Dec. 15- Dec. 21, 2014
- Oakland Raiders Lineman Donates Game Check to 4-Year-Old with Heart Condition
- Having 'Mad Respect' for Santa and Other Country Stars' Christmas Gift Memories
- Tim Burton Says Beetlejuice Sequel Is 'Closer Than Ever'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Monday December 22, 2014 09:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
Where exactly is Sugarland? Hard to pinpoint. When Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush are rollicking through "Down in Mississippi (Up to No Good)," they're deep in the heart of honky-tonk. But country's latest dynamic duo—since founding third member Kristen Hall left in January—can two-step right over genre lines. That was Nettles dueting with rockers Bon Jovi on their "Who Says You Can't Go Home" and hobnobbing with Sir Paul McCartney at the Grammys last February. "It was surreal," Bush recalls. "It's still shocking that there's a Beatle who knows who we are." On tour, where they're opening for Brooks & Dunn all fall, the two veterans of Atlanta's singer-songwriter scene keep life on the road more hippie than homespun: leather journals, patchouli-scented candles, a humidifier (for her), hypnosis tapes (for him), yoga (for both), plus a high-tech touch: two very busy BlackBerrys. "Always the BlackBerrys," says Nettles, 32, who uses hers to e-mail her husband while Bush, 36, uses his to stay in touch with his wife, son, 4, and daughter, 1. While touring, "we're a self-contained unit, like a submarine," Nettles says, but Sugarland's significant others back home don't worry about a tour-bus romance. "They're more jealous of the road than they are of either one of us."
December 22, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!