Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Mother of Murdered 12-Year-Old Recalls the Day of His Death: 'I Was in Complete Shock'
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Warren Beatty Would Want Ronald Reagan (or Maybe President Obama) to Play Him in a Biopic
- WATCH: Justin Theroux's Cousin Louis Takes on Church of Scientology in New Movie
- WATCH: Verne Troyer Opens Up About Being Called the M-Word As a Child – and How He Physically Defended Himself Against a Bully
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 29, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 21
The Hills' Lauren Conrad
HOMETOWN: Laguna Beach, Calif.
HOW YOU KNOW HER: Known as "LC," she was alpha-girl Kristin Cavallari's rival on MTV's Laguna Beach.
GROWING UP: After wrapping the second season of Laguna Beach, Conrad enrolled in L.A.'s Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising, moved into a West Hollywood apartment, scored an internship at Teen Vogue—and documented it all for her upcoming reality show The Hills (premiering May 31 on MTV). "On Laguna the girls would fight with their boyfriends," says Conrad. "Now we fight with our bosses. The drama on this show is real problems, like, [am I] going to get fired." That, and learning to live on her own. "I'm not very good at paying bills," she admits. "I always, like, forget, and then they just keep adding up."
LOVE ACTUALLY: Though Conrad broke up with Jason Wahler, 20, last August, she's back with him and "we're pretty serious now," she says. "He recently moved into my apartment. We used to go out a lot, but we don't really anymore. We're homebodies—we watch movies on the couch."
PUBLIC ENEMY: "Kristin and I have been to the same events, but we don't necessarily say hi," says Conrad. "She's getting what she wanted: attention. I don't want to be in [magazines] every week, going to clubs. I just want to be in the fashion industry and I want to find a job that I really like."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!