Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,185 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 47-Year-Old North Carolina Shark Attack Victim Hailed a Hero: 'He Kept It From Getting Close to the Kids'
- Read the Cover Story: Growing Up Kennedy!
Exclusive Family Photos from White House Nanny
- Donald Trump: Suing Univision is 'Part of My Campaign'
- In Honor of Princess Diana's Birthday, We're Looking Back at Some of Her Most Memorable Style Moments
- Boy Found Dead in a Swing Was Alive When He Was Put There 2 Days Earlier, Cops Say
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 12, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 23
Calling It Quits
After Trying to Save Their Faltering Marriage, Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe Finally Decide on Divorce
It was a sobering decision for Lowe, 38, and Swank, 31, who did almost the unthinkable in Hollywood—they tried to heal their relationship. After announcing their separation last winter, the pair, who met at a Hollywood party in '92, went to counseling and made a point of going out as a couple. Last February they were spotted lunching at Malibu's Tra di Noi restaurant, and in March got cozy on a JFK-LAX flight. A friend of the pair says that Swank's busy acting career wasn't a factor in the breakup (in recent years Lowe has focused on directing). "They both sincerely tried to make this work," says the source, "but the simple truth is that they grew apart." For now, they will continue running their production company, Accomplice Films, and have not said how they will divvy up their pets (including two dogs and two birds) or homes in New York City and Los Angeles. "They'll always love each other," says the friend. "They just won't be married."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!