Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Two Minnesota Sisters Found Dead on Vacation in the Seychelles
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Male DNA Found in Lisa Ziegert Murder Case, 24 Years After Her Death
- Congress Avoids Government Shutdown by Passing Stopgap Spending Bill With $1.1 Billion for Zika Research
- Black-ish Star Yara Shahidi Explains Why Zoey Doubting Her Faith Is 'What Most Teenagers Go Through'
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 12, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 23
Calling It Quits
After Trying to Save Their Faltering Marriage, Hilary Swank and Chad Lowe Finally Decide on Divorce
It was a sobering decision for Lowe, 38, and Swank, 31, who did almost the unthinkable in Hollywood—they tried to heal their relationship. After announcing their separation last winter, the pair, who met at a Hollywood party in '92, went to counseling and made a point of going out as a couple. Last February they were spotted lunching at Malibu's Tra di Noi restaurant, and in March got cozy on a JFK-LAX flight. A friend of the pair says that Swank's busy acting career wasn't a factor in the breakup (in recent years Lowe has focused on directing). "They both sincerely tried to make this work," says the source, "but the simple truth is that they grew apart." For now, they will continue running their production company, Accomplice Films, and have not said how they will divvy up their pets (including two dogs and two birds) or homes in New York City and Los Angeles. "They'll always love each other," says the friend. "They just won't be married."
September 28, 2016
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!