Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- WATCH: First Lady Michelle Obama Says She's 'Straight Up Nailing' Her Job on Resume in College Humor Skit
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Refugee Killed by California Police Allegedly Drew Vape Device During 'Mental Emergency'
- Golden Girls Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Wow In Second Barely-There Balmain Outfits
- Blac Chyna Says She Posted Rob Kardashian's Phone Number on Twitter to Stop Him Texting Other Women
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 25, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 25
THANKS TO HER NEW SLIM BODY, SHE CAN BOOGIE WITH HER GRANDKIDS
"My son had said, 'Mom, you should get into a size 8.' I said, 'That's unreasonable—I'm a grandmother!'"
TURNING POINT: While raising four growing boys, Debbie McKay, 47, found herself whipping up lasagna or buying buckets of fried chicken for dinner—and then "I finished up the leftovers when they didn't," she says, hitting 261 lbs. and a size 20 in 2002. Still, it wasn't until last year, with her second grandchild on the way, that the 5'9" McKay grew concerned about her weight. "How was I going to help out," she recalls thinking, "with all of this weight on me?"
HOW SHE DID IT: In July 2006 McKay joined LA Weight Loss, where a counselor created an 1,800-calorie-a-day plan for her. Breakfast was half a wheat pita, two scrambled eggs and half a grapefruit, followed by a grilled chicken salad for lunch and baked tilapia and one cup of steamed broccoli for dinner. For her two daily snacks, McKay would down a protein shake, and she also took step, spinning and weight-training classes five days a week.
HER 100-LB. MOMENT: Stepping on the scale last month, "I broke down," says McKay, a Milwaukee mortgage broker, "because I just couldn't believe I did it." For proof she's now a size 8, McKay need only spend time with her grandkids. "We'll turn on the radio and dance," she says. "I'm dancing all the time!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!