Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- San Antonio Man Buys Pools For West Side Families After Facebook User Mocks Photo of Kids' Makeshift Swimming Pool
- Read the Cover Story: Mystery in Idaho: Little Boy Lost
- Newly Single Ariel Winter Shares Naked Bathtub Photo: 'Relax Everyone I'm Wearing Lady Bit Pasties'
- Human Body Parts Wash Ashore Rio Beach Near Olympic Volleyball Site
- Ariana Grande Reunites with Her Victorious Co-Stars – See the Pic!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 25, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 25
THANKS TO HER NEW SLIM BODY, SHE CAN BOOGIE WITH HER GRANDKIDS
"My son had said, 'Mom, you should get into a size 8.' I said, 'That's unreasonable—I'm a grandmother!'"
TURNING POINT: While raising four growing boys, Debbie McKay, 47, found herself whipping up lasagna or buying buckets of fried chicken for dinner—and then "I finished up the leftovers when they didn't," she says, hitting 261 lbs. and a size 20 in 2002. Still, it wasn't until last year, with her second grandchild on the way, that the 5'9" McKay grew concerned about her weight. "How was I going to help out," she recalls thinking, "with all of this weight on me?"
HOW SHE DID IT: In July 2006 McKay joined LA Weight Loss, where a counselor created an 1,800-calorie-a-day plan for her. Breakfast was half a wheat pita, two scrambled eggs and half a grapefruit, followed by a grilled chicken salad for lunch and baked tilapia and one cup of steamed broccoli for dinner. For her two daily snacks, McKay would down a protein shake, and she also took step, spinning and weight-training classes five days a week.
HER 100-LB. MOMENT: Stepping on the scale last month, "I broke down," says McKay, a Milwaukee mortgage broker, "because I just couldn't believe I did it." For proof she's now a size 8, McKay need only spend time with her grandkids. "We'll turn on the radio and dance," she says. "I'm dancing all the time!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!