Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sorry, Blake! Ryan Reynolds 'Would Sooner Drill a Hole into the Top of My Head' Than Embrace Her Decorating Hobby
- Read the Cover Story: Ryan Reynolds: Sexiest Dad Alive
- This Bag Is Actually Three Bags in One
- 'All Liberty-loving Americans Should Be in Mourning': Trump, Cruz and More React to Death of Supreme Court Justice Scalia
- 'It Was a Total Whiteout': Severe Weather Causes 50-car Pileup in Pennsylvania, Leaving at Least 3 Dead
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 25, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 25
THANKS TO HER NEW SLIM BODY, SHE CAN BOOGIE WITH HER GRANDKIDS
"My son had said, 'Mom, you should get into a size 8.' I said, 'That's unreasonable—I'm a grandmother!'"
TURNING POINT: While raising four growing boys, Debbie McKay, 47, found herself whipping up lasagna or buying buckets of fried chicken for dinner—and then "I finished up the leftovers when they didn't," she says, hitting 261 lbs. and a size 20 in 2002. Still, it wasn't until last year, with her second grandchild on the way, that the 5'9" McKay grew concerned about her weight. "How was I going to help out," she recalls thinking, "with all of this weight on me?"
HOW SHE DID IT: In July 2006 McKay joined LA Weight Loss, where a counselor created an 1,800-calorie-a-day plan for her. Breakfast was half a wheat pita, two scrambled eggs and half a grapefruit, followed by a grilled chicken salad for lunch and baked tilapia and one cup of steamed broccoli for dinner. For her two daily snacks, McKay would down a protein shake, and she also took step, spinning and weight-training classes five days a week.
HER 100-LB. MOMENT: Stepping on the scale last month, "I broke down," says McKay, a Milwaukee mortgage broker, "because I just couldn't believe I did it." For proof she's now a size 8, McKay need only spend time with her grandkids. "We'll turn on the radio and dance," she says. "I'm dancing all the time!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!