Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- FROM EW: Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks Reunite in Trailer for Her Directorial Debut Ithaca
- Read the Cover Story: George Turns 3: The Preschool Prince!
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Enjoy Romantic Dinner Date in L.A. – Get the Details!
- President Obama Passes The Torch: 'Never A Man Or Woman – Not Me, Not Bill, Nobody – More Qualified Than Hillary Clinton'
- Tim Kaine Dedicates First Speech as VP Nominee to His Son Deployed With Marines: 'I Trust Hillary Clinton With Our Son's Life'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 25
Hottest Party of the Year
Oprah. Mariah. Janet. Diddy. Usher. Jay-Z. Beyoncé. At Music Mogul L.A. Reid's Exclusive 50th-birthday Bash, Everyone Got Down
Birthday boy Antonio "L.A." Reid has some serious juice: The Island Def Jam Music Group chairman rang in the big 5-0 at New York City's Nobu 57 with pals like Oprah Winfrey, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, Jay-Z and John Legend. Said Usher: "At Puffy's parties, there's a lot of miscellaneous people, but at L.A.'s, it's VIP, VIP, VIP."
DANCING WITH THE SUPERSTARS
Despite the blinding wattage and luxe locale, the vibe was pure basement party. With R&B and hip-hop pumping, 300 guests packed the tiny dance floor: Usher busted out his best Michael Jackson moves to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," as tennis great Serena Williams swayed and Star Jones Reynolds let loose with her husband, Al. When Lionel Richie hit the stage at midnight with his classic club thumper "Brick House," Mariah yelled, "Yay!" and even Oprah—who later grooved to the Spinners' "I'll Be Around" with Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds—jumped up to two-step with the ecstatic crowd.
CRAZY IN LOVE
The usually reserved Jay-Z twirled a giggling Beyoncé to the music all night, and at one point they giddily sang Aretha Franklin's "Respect" to each other. Avril Lavigne and her fiancé, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, laughed with pals and chatted up everyone from Clive Davis to Rihanna. And Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri traded little love bites when Jackson's "Nasty" filled the room. "I love it!" said Reid. "This is 50 years of meeting people and building relationships. These people are family."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!