Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Angela Simmons Expecting First Child: 'We are Overjoyed and Super Excited'
- Read the Cover Story: Steve Harvey: From Homeless to Having It All
- More Allegations from Amber Heard: Claims Johnny Depp Abused Her for Four Years, Uses Drugs and Assaulted Her on Her Birthday
- WWII Fighter Plane Crashes in Hudson River, Pilot Survives with Minor Injuries
- Johnny Depp Fits Hearing Aids at Charity Event in Portugal on Same Day Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order Against Actor
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- June 26, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 25
Hottest Party of the Year
Oprah. Mariah. Janet. Diddy. Usher. Jay-Z. Beyoncé. At Music Mogul L.A. Reid's Exclusive 50th-birthday Bash, Everyone Got Down
Birthday boy Antonio "L.A." Reid has some serious juice: The Island Def Jam Music Group chairman rang in the big 5-0 at New York City's Nobu 57 with pals like Oprah Winfrey, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, Jay-Z and John Legend. Said Usher: "At Puffy's parties, there's a lot of miscellaneous people, but at L.A.'s, it's VIP, VIP, VIP."
DANCING WITH THE SUPERSTARS
Despite the blinding wattage and luxe locale, the vibe was pure basement party. With R&B and hip-hop pumping, 300 guests packed the tiny dance floor: Usher busted out his best Michael Jackson moves to "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough," as tennis great Serena Williams swayed and Star Jones Reynolds let loose with her husband, Al. When Lionel Richie hit the stage at midnight with his classic club thumper "Brick House," Mariah yelled, "Yay!" and even Oprah—who later grooved to the Spinners' "I'll Be Around" with Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds—jumped up to two-step with the ecstatic crowd.
CRAZY IN LOVE
The usually reserved Jay-Z twirled a giggling Beyoncé to the music all night, and at one point they giddily sang Aretha Franklin's "Respect" to each other. Avril Lavigne and her fiancé, Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, laughed with pals and chatted up everyone from Clive Davis to Rihanna. And Janet Jackson and Jermaine Dupri traded little love bites when Jackson's "Nasty" filled the room. "I love it!" said Reid. "This is 50 years of meeting people and building relationships. These people are family."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!