Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Let Loose at Super Bowl Party
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- Busy Philipps Says 'There Were a Lot of Tears' When Cougar Town Shot Its Last Episode
- 7 Reasons We're Pumped for the Kitten Bowl
- Eric Paslay Is Engaged to Natalie Harker!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Sunday February 01, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 23, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 4
Al Gore III Troubled Son
After a String of Previous Run-Ins with the Law, Al Gore III Is Arrested for Drug Possession
And also, undoubtedly, troubled. On July 4, Gore had his latest run-in with the law (see box) when Orange County sheriff's deputies pulled him over at 2:15 a.m. for driving 100 mph in a Toyota Prius and smelled marijuana in his car. He has been charged with illegal possession of the drug as well as Vicodin, Xanax and Valium; he faces a year in prison if convicted. (Through a spokeswoman, Gore had no comment.) "He struggles with drugs, [but] he's not John Belushi," says another friend. "He's always struggled with being in the limelight."
Gore was just 6 when he barely survived being hit by a car. After Harvard, he moved to Los Angeles, where he is an associate publisher of Good magazine, which promotes topics close to his dad's heart: philanthropy and good works. Asked in December about their relationship, the younger Gore said he sees his dad now more than ever. "He's my best friend," he told the New York Observer. "He's taught me more than anyone."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!