Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Donald Trump Had a Short Cameo in a 2000 Playboy 'Centerfold' Video
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- Paris Jackson Enjoys PDA-Filled Vacation with Boyfriend Michael Snoddy
- Former Power Rangers Star Ricardo Medina Jr. Denies Killing His Roommate with a Sword
- Family Love! Tracee Ellis Ross Shares Cute Snapshot of Mom Diana Ross and Sisters
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 23, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 4
Al Gore III Troubled Son
After a String of Previous Run-Ins with the Law, Al Gore III Is Arrested for Drug Possession
And also, undoubtedly, troubled. On July 4, Gore had his latest run-in with the law (see box) when Orange County sheriff's deputies pulled him over at 2:15 a.m. for driving 100 mph in a Toyota Prius and smelled marijuana in his car. He has been charged with illegal possession of the drug as well as Vicodin, Xanax and Valium; he faces a year in prison if convicted. (Through a spokeswoman, Gore had no comment.) "He struggles with drugs, [but] he's not John Belushi," says another friend. "He's always struggled with being in the limelight."
Gore was just 6 when he barely survived being hit by a car. After Harvard, he moved to Los Angeles, where he is an associate publisher of Good magazine, which promotes topics close to his dad's heart: philanthropy and good works. Asked in December about their relationship, the younger Gore said he sees his dad now more than ever. "He's my best friend," he told the New York Observer. "He's taught me more than anyone."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!