Archive Page - 08/16/13 40 years, 2,169 covers and 54,876 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Stephen Collins: A Woman Repeatedly Exposed Herself to Me When I Was a Boy
- The Style Top 5: The Best Star Style From the PEOPLE Magazine Awards
- White House Private Party DJ Revealed: Surprise, It's President Obama
- Lauren Scruggs and Jason Kennedy's Road to the Altar
- Which Former Boy Band Member Will Compete on The Amazing Race?
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday December 20, 2014 10:10AM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 4
And that is just what she is doing to powerful effect with Darfur as well. A UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for almost six years, Farrow, 61, wants to call the world's attention to the plight of the women and children she has met in the refugee camps during two visits to the war-torn region. "These are the most courageous women I've ever met," the actress says. "We can only bow our heads with the deepest respect at this time of suffering and terror." Ronan, a UNICEF Spokesperson for Youth who starts Yale Law School in the fall, shares his mother's passion. "These people have no voice to tell the world what is happening," he says. "I told them I will honor what they've endured by bringing back their stories."
Farrow has opened up her personal photo albums to PEOPLE ("A Trip to Darfur," p. 56), offering a look at this land of tremendous tragedy and promise. "The people I met in Darfur, the stories I heard—all of it is seared into me," she says. "I am not the same person anymore." After seeing her pictures and hearing her words, readers won't be either.
December 20, 2014
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!