Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,173 covers and 55,054 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- What do Emma Watson's Harry Potter Costars Think About Her Beauty and the Beast Role?
- The Style Top 5: Sarah Jessica Parker Brings Her Shoe Line to Zappos, Katy Perry Preps for the Super Bowl and More
- PEOPLE's Guide to the 2015 Super Bowl
- Astronaut Includes His Dogs in Official NASA Portrait
- Seattle's Starbucks vs. New England's Dunkin' Donuts – There's One Clear Winner Here
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Saturday January 31, 2015 04:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 4
And that is just what she is doing to powerful effect with Darfur as well. A UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for almost six years, Farrow, 61, wants to call the world's attention to the plight of the women and children she has met in the refugee camps during two visits to the war-torn region. "These are the most courageous women I've ever met," the actress says. "We can only bow our heads with the deepest respect at this time of suffering and terror." Ronan, a UNICEF Spokesperson for Youth who starts Yale Law School in the fall, shares his mother's passion. "These people have no voice to tell the world what is happening," he says. "I told them I will honor what they've endured by bringing back their stories."
Farrow has opened up her personal photo albums to PEOPLE ("A Trip to Darfur," p. 56), offering a look at this land of tremendous tragedy and promise. "The people I met in Darfur, the stories I heard—all of it is seared into me," she says. "I am not the same person anymore." After seeing her pictures and hearing her words, readers won't be either.
January 31, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!