Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Kansas Waiter Sporting a New Smile After Kind Stranger Leaves a Generous Tip
- Read the Cover Story: What Caused This Teenager to Murder His Parents?
- Judi Dench Gets (Very) Candid About Aging: 'I'd Rather Be Young and Know Nothing'
- How to Catch a Bully: New Film Explores Both Sides of High School Harassment
- Formerly Blind Man Sees New York City Landmarks with Bionic Eye
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 24, 2006
- Vol. 66
- No. 4
Lately in Malibu It Seems You Can't Catch a Frisbee Without Tripping Over Lindsay Lohan. Here's a Guide to California's Most Famous Celebrity Sandbox—and Who's Who in the 'Bu
The actor sizzled on the sand July 9 before attending Lotto's beach-house party for the World Cup championship game.
MISCHA BARTON, CISCO ADLER & NICOLE RICHIE
Malibu mainstays, the best buds checked out the scene June 17.
JIM CARREY & JENNY MCCARTHY
The happy couple were all sun and smiles during a July 5 oceanfront walk.
With her family in tow, Hudson lounged it up on the beach over July 4 weekend.
A PLACE IN THE SUN
Multimillion-dollar mansions often sit just feet apart on Malibu's celeb-packed 21 miles of sand. Nonresidents can tan at state parks (home to the only public bathrooms) and visit private stretches but must stay below the "mean high tide" line. Same for paparazzi.
• NORTHERN MALIBU
Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell invite their kids for beach bonfires (legal with a permit). Nearby: Barbra Streisand and Pierce Brosnan.
• LITTLE DUME BEACH
This private beach boasts some of the best surf in Malibu—and only residents get keys. Want in? Johnny Carson's estate, which includes a tennis stadium, is newly on the market.
• MALIBU COLONY
Rentals often fetch up to $100,000 a month in this gated haven, where Tom Hanks, Sting and Pamela Anderson have homes.
• MALIBU COUNTRY MART
Shopping central. Hit nearby Ralph's for groceries and the upscale mall for A-list needs: sushi at Nobu, designer gear at Madison and Shih Tzu grooming ($100).
• CARBON BEACH
One of the beaches nearest to L.A. (25 miles to the Paramount lot), it attracts celebs like Jennifer Aniston (who rents), Courteney Cox Arquette Arquette and Leonardo DiCaprio (who own).
RULES OF THE 'BU
• DON'T wear heels to a party—that's so 90210. Malibu locals live in Havaiana flip-flops and Uggs.
• DO bring a stylish cover-up—try an Antik Batik tunic from Planet Blue at the Malibu Country Mart. Pick up a sweatshirt from Ron Herman Malibu too—nights get cold.
• DON'T try to party-hop to a bash on another beach. Pacific Coast Highway traffic is a nightmare.
• DO complain about the paparazzi invasion (if you're a celebrity). Or the celebrity invasion (if you're not).
The longtime Malibu resident soaked up some R&R with friends and family July 2.
An avid surfer, Sandler took a break from the waves July 8 to spend time with his wife, daughter and bulldog Matzoball.
On the beach a guy can go shirtless (as McConaughey did July 4) and not be hassled by The Man.
LINDSAY'S HOT WEEK
It's a ritual for many a 20-year-old: Get a beach pad, pack a few bikinis, maybe hook up with a cute guy. Leave it to Lindsay Lohan to do it up Malibu-style. The actress kicked off her stay by throwing a July 2 mega-bash for her 20th birthday (Nicole Richie, Owen Wilson and Kate Bosworth were among the guests). She spent the rest of the week getting cozy with one of her beach neighbors: Harry Morton, 25, owner of the restaurant chain Pink Taco and son of former Hard Rock Cafe chain owner Peter Morton. In addition to lounging at Morton's pad (where they blasted Led Zeppelin over the speakers), the two dined at Nobu July 8, shopped at the Malibu Country Mart and, on July 9, ate with pals at Taverna Tony's. Says a source: "They get along great and have a lot in common."
• THE SCENE Lohan attended a party July 4 at the Polaroid Beach House.
• THE BIKINIS
• HER NEW GUY
For more fun in the sun, vote on Lindsay Lohan and other stars' swimwear looks at www.people.com/bikinis
- Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna,
- Shannon Bradley,
- Natasha Burton,
- Margaret Chernin,
- Lycia Naff.
March 05, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!