Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sarah Jessica Parker Is Expanding Her SJP Collection to Include LBDs, Not Just Heels!
- Read the Cover Story: Brad & Angelina Split After 12 Years: It's Over
- It's a Boy for Gossip Girl Alum Sam Page and Wife Cassidy Boesch
- Heidi Klum's Emmys Mantra: 'A Lot of Girls Are Afraid to Be on the "Don't Page." I Go For It'
- Three Arrested, Including 17-Year-Old Girl, in Triple Homicide of California Parents and Friend
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 30, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 5
Kelsey Bohman's Toy Helps Seriously Ill Children Get Their Breath Back
MARSHMALLOW WARS: From their Glenwood Springs, Colo., home, Bohman and mom Pat created a launcher made from a 12-inch acrylic tube. Selling them for $8.75 apiece at fairs and on a Web site (www.kelseyskids.org), they've raised $19,000 for the hospital and donated 3,000 launchers to kids undergoing bone-marrow transplants. Tommie McHugh, the hospital's child-life specialist, says the launchers "totally rock—they serve a medical purpose but help emotionally and socially." Jessica Mussetter, 13, broke up her boring hospital stay by starting "marshmallow wars" with the nurses. "It was fun," she says, "but after doing it, I'd try the spirometer and get the ball to the top." Bohman, cancer-free at 18, also hopes the launchers send a message: "When I was in the hospital, it felt so good when someone brought me anything they had made. I wanted to do that for other kids."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!