Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Griffin O'Neal: 'My Whole Family Has Been Destroyed To Smithereens From Addiction and Alcoholism'
- The Style Top 5: Taylor Swift Goes Wedding Dress Shopping (For Her BFF),
Celebs' Share Their Makeup-Free Selfies and More
- Body of Missing 6-Year-Old Who Was Vacationing with Family Before Texas Floods Hit Has Been Found
- A Ripped Jake Gyllenhaal Vacations in Italy with Longtime Best Friend Greta Caruso
- Prince William Swallows His Pride to Award FA Cup Trophy to Rival Team
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 30, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 5
Kelsey Bohman's Toy Helps Seriously Ill Children Get Their Breath Back
MARSHMALLOW WARS: From their Glenwood Springs, Colo., home, Bohman and mom Pat created a launcher made from a 12-inch acrylic tube. Selling them for $8.75 apiece at fairs and on a Web site (www.kelseyskids.org), they've raised $19,000 for the hospital and donated 3,000 launchers to kids undergoing bone-marrow transplants. Tommie McHugh, the hospital's child-life specialist, says the launchers "totally rock—they serve a medical purpose but help emotionally and socially." Jessica Mussetter, 13, broke up her boring hospital stay by starting "marshmallow wars" with the nurses. "It was fun," she says, "but after doing it, I'd try the spirometer and get the ball to the top." Bohman, cancer-free at 18, also hopes the launchers send a message: "When I was in the hospital, it felt so good when someone brought me anything they had made. I wanted to do that for other kids."
Know a hero? Send suggestions to HEROESAMONGUS@PEOPLEMAG.COM
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!