Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,181 covers and 55,435 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Sharon Osbourne Taking One-Month Break from The Talk After Collapsing
- Read the Cover Story – Tess Holliday: The World's First Size 22 Supermodel!
- Robert De Niro Gives Blunt, Funny, Inspiring Commencement Speech to Acting School Grads
- Chris Pratt Apologizes in Advance for Potential 'JurassicGate' and Misbehaving on Press Tour
- Kris Jenner Tries to Embarrass Daughters Kourtney and Kim Kardashian with a Throwback Pic of Their Model Poses
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- July 30, 2007
- Vol. 68
- No. 5
Bye, Bye Baby Weight
Four Months After Giving Birth, First-Time Mom Tori Spelling Is Halfway to Her Goal
SHE'S LOST 22 lbs. SO FAR!
How I lost 17 lbs!
[American Idol]: Great for your career, not always so great for your waistline. During her 12 weeks on Season Five and through the three-month-long Idol tour last year, says runner-up Kellie Pickler, "I didn't work out at all! I got really lazy and every time I'd walk by the catering table I'd grab a handful of M&Ms or some Twizzlers. I wasn't even hungry—I'd just eat because it was there. It was junk food heaven!" Before she knew it, the 5'1" Pickler—who says that pre-Idol she would work out daily and run during the hour that Oprah was on TV—went from 103 lbs. to 125 lbs. "After the tour I'd read in magazines 'Kellie's fat!' It really hurt my feelings," says the country singer, 21. Before touring on her own (she's supporting her CD Small Town Girl through October) she resolved to slim down. Now Pickler makes sure her dressing room is stocked with fruit and vegetable platters: "I don't think you can eat too many vegetables," she says. She also eliminated most snack food from her diet (pizza at midnight: out; Canadian ketchup chips imported by her boyfriend: still in). Plus, she started working out again. "I'll run outside or I will play football with the guys in my band or on the bus I'll lie down and do 100 crunches," she says. "I instantly noticed a difference in how I feel." And in how she looks. Now 108 lbs., Pickler says, "I'd still like to be more toned, but I'm trying." Her advice? "If you don't like your body, quit complaining! Go to the gym."
- CONTRIBUTORS Charlotte Triggs,
- Ulrica Wilhborg,
- With Scott Huver,
- Ashley Williams.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!