Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- 3 Dead, 9 Injured in Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood Shooting; Suspect Identified and in Custody
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Left with a Thanksgiving Mess? Let These Hollywood Hotties Clean Up for You
- VIDEO: Watch Heavyweight Champ Wladimir Klitschko's Pre-Fight Serenade to 'Wind Beneath My Wings'
- Selena Gomez on the Difficulties of Dating: 'I Would Love to Date Older Guys' But 'I Look 16'
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 24, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 16
Better by the Day
The ABC News Coanchor Finally Goes Home to His Wife and Children, Almost Three Months After a Bomb Nearly Killed Him in Iraq
Ten weeks ago, Woodruff's family didn't know if they would ever see this day. The Jan. 29 blast fractured Woodruff's skull and injured his shoulder, and he remained under heavy sedation for weeks as the swelling in his brain slowly subsided. Eventually, Woodruff began therapy to sharpen his memory and rebuild his stamina (he doesn't have the energy to help his kids with their homework, says his brother) at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He has already regained "the full ability to communicate," says Dave Woodruff, including in Mandarin Chinese and French. Still unclear: when—and whether—Woodruff will return to his coanchor chair. "If it's up to Bob, it'll be as soon as possible," says Dave. Woodruff watches the news every evening and recently sent a note to colleagues saying he was glad to be "laughing with family, reading bedtime stories and reminding my kids to do their homework."
It's fair to say the feeling is mutual. On April 9, Woodruff, his wife, Lee, and their two other children, Mack, 14, and Cathryn, 12, celebrated Claire and Nora's sixth birthday. Afterward Lee told Dave, "It was great to have Bob home for their birthdays, but more importantly, it was great to have him alive for their birthdays."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!