Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Cheryl Burke and Boyfriend JT Torregiani Have Broken Up
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 27- May 3, 2015
- 19 Kids and Counting: Jill's Special Delivery Recap: Meet Baby Israel David Dillard
- Sheryl Sandberg Pays Emotional Tribute After Husband's Death: 'Dave Was My Rock'
- Wheelchair-Bound The Price Is Right Contestant Wants Drew Carey to Sign Her Treadmill Prize
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 26, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 12
It's a Beautiful Dei
At a Church in Maine, the Music of U2 Has a Place Beside the Hymnal
Reverend Blair, 36, is an Episcopalian minister—and a big U2 fan—who heard in hits such as "Vertigo," and "Gloria" sentiments she found compatible with Christianity. "U2's music is undeniably spiritual in its call for justice," she says. So she had a revelation: "What if we did a service and all the music was U2?"
In July 2005 she held the first "U2charist" (her twist on eucharist, or communion) at St. George's Church in York, Maine, where she preaches. The evening service has become a highly popular offering. "It brings in younger people," says parishioner Sarah Duquette, mom to three teens. "Frankly, they need it most." Reverend Blair has shared her rockin' service with churches of many denominations from Nebraska to South Africa. One stipulation: When members pass the plate, proceeds go to charities fighting poverty and AIDS, the goals of U2 singer Bono's ONE Campaign. So far U2charists have raised $60,000. And how does Bono feel about having his music sanctified? "If they play it in church, great. If they play it in the streets, great," he says. "As long as they play it and get the message."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!