Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jeremy Piven: The Most Important Person in My Entourage Is …
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- From EW: See All the Winners from the iHeartRadio Music Awards!
- Mariah Carey and Brett Ratner Stroll Arm-in-Arm in St. Barts After Denying Their Romance
- We're Dye-ing Over these Easter Egg Designs
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 26, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 12
Elizabeth Hurley's Wedding Album
After Marrying at a Castle in the U.K., Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar Continue the Celebrations in India with Pink Saris, Chanting Hindu Priests and Thousands of Flower Petals
THE FIRST PART WAS ALL ENGLISH: a medieval estate, a bunch of Bentleys, a good grey rain. But on March 7, when the wedding celebration of Elizabeth Hurley, 41, and Arun Nayar, 42, moved from Sudeley Castle in Gloucestershire—where on March 3 they exchanged vows in an Anglican ceremony before 300 guests—to Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, British reserve gave way to Indian splendor. There were dancing white horses, walkways lined with millions of red chili peppers and a week of endless parties for 200 or so revelers who danced and ate and one night slept outside under tents. At the center of it all was the Hindu wedding ceremony on March 9: In an open courtyard the bride and groom circled a sacred fire as Hindu priests chanted in Sanskrit. "Liz just glowed," says Nayar's friend Arti Surendranath. "She had tears in her eyes." Before it was over, a rain shower fell from a blue sky. "It took us all by surprise," says Surendranath. "But it was lovely—like a blessing from heaven."
- Reported by Amrit Dhillon/Jodphur,
- Monique Jessen/London.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!