Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson Says It's 'Very Intimidating' to Cook with Pal Padma Lakshmi
- Read the Cover Story: Céline Dion: 'I Lost the Love of My Life'
- Johnny Depp Jokes He Had to 'Prepare a Long Time' to 'Tap into the Emotion' Needed to Make Dog-Smuggling Apology Video
- WATCH: 89-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor Fulfils Her Wish to Sing the National Anthem at an MLB Game
- Kim Kardashian, Bella Hadid, Robert De Niro and More Arrive for the Exclusive De Grisogono Party at Cannes
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 27, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 12
She's the Man's Amanda Bynes
HOMETOWN: Thousand Oaks, Calif.
LATEST ROLE: A girl faking it as a guy in She's the Man, a teen update of Twelfth Night
What a drag
To portray a soccer star who pretends to be her twin brother so she can play on the boys' team, Bynes bandaged her breasts and wore glued-on eyebrows and sideburns. "It was uncomfortable in every way," she says.
Waif? No way
Bynes rebuffs young Hollywood's anorexia cult. "It's sad because all these girls are trying so hard. I think it's better to be real," the actress, who still lives at home with her parents, says of some of her peers. "I feel like before a movie I try to get into my best shape, and when I'm off I try to enjoy life. You're never going to be perfect."
The actress, who got her big break at age 10 on Nickelodeon's All That, was 7 when she landed her first commercial. "It was for Nestlé's Buncha Crunch. I was so excited because I got to eat the candy," she recalls. "And my mom's like, 'Oh God!' Because my dad's a dentist."
She's a fan
Single for two years since her split from Nick Zano, her costar on The WB's What I Like About You, Bynes says her dream guy is "Justin Timberlake, because he's so funny and so talented. That's, like, my ideal guy."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!