Bill Rancic Defends His Wife Giuliana After Fashion Police Controversy: 'I Tried to Get Them to Release the Footage' 41 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- KUWTK Recap: Kris Jenner Plans a Surprise Graduation Party for Kendall and Kylie
- Read the Cover Story: Adele’s Triumphant Return: How Love Changed Her Life
- Kobe Bryant Announces This Season Will Be His Last: Read His Emotional Good-Bye
- Caitlyn Jenner Gets Bangs! – See Her New Look
- John Legend Throws Chrissy Teigen a Birthday Bash at a Comedy Club – and Dave Chappelle Was There!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- March 27, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 12
Jessica Angel Brings a Touch of Hollywood to the Hospital by Screening New Films for Kids with Cancer and Other Life-Threatening Illnesses
With $1,000 seed money and some contacts from her father, Dan, a screenwriter and producer, in 2005 she founded Reel Angels, a nonprofit that sets up screenings of first-run movies at children's hospitals. It wasn't easy: She had to link up with a technology-security firm to allay piracy concerns and use all her powers of persuasion to convince studio executives that the kids she was trying to help might not live even the six months until the DVD came out.
So far Angel has held screenings of five movies—including Robots and The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D—at four children's hospitals in California and Texas. It looks like she has a hit on her hands. "I've never gone to the movies," says Amy Cowan, a 13-year-old cystic fibrosis patient who attended a screening of Yours, Mine & Ours at Loma Linda in January. "I loved it." Keith Fowler, 12, who has cancer, adds, "I got to laugh—not what I usually do in the hospital."
November 26, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!