Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,278 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Taylor Swift's Most Winning Moments at the iHeartRadio Music Awards
- The Style Top 5: Amal Clooney Brings Her Glam Street Style to NYC, Iggy Azalea Gets Candid About Her Body and More
- VIDEO: What Happens When Teen Mom OG's Amber Is Ambushed by Gary's New Girlfriend?
- What's It Like to Get Caught Up In a 'Tornado' With Little Big Town?
- Is Hugh Jackman Done with Wolverine? See His Cryptic Instagram Photo
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 03, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 13
Diana's Son Makes His Movie Debut in the Inner-City Drama ATL
She may have been a superstar, but actor Evan Ross says his mother, Diana, was a hands-on parent. Evan, 17—who grew up in Greenwich, Conn., in a blended family that included shipping magnate dad Arne Naess, sisters Rhonda, 34, Chudney, 30, and Tracee, 33, and brother Ross, 18—says that although Diana often left for concert dates, she made it a point to "fly back in the morning to make us breakfast." And when he got lonely during a vacation? "She came from London on a helicopter to pick me up," says the actor, who plays an orphaned teen in ATL, which opens March 31. "She always promised she'd be there for me."
JOINING THE FAMILY BUSINESS
"Growing up, I'd act up at the table, dancing and singing," says Ross. "But I took a lot of acting classes to learn my craft. If there's something I want, I don't do it a little."
INSPIRED BY TRAGEDY
In 2004 Ross's father, whose marriage to Diana ended in '99, died in a South African climbing accident. The actor recently visited the spot where his father perished. "The place was beautiful," he says. "You can't be mad—he was doing something he loved."
READY FOR MORE THAN BABY LOVE
"Evan's performance was real—I was on the edge of my seat with tears in my eyes," says Diana, who visited the set. One thing he made sure she didn't see: his first sex scene. Says Ross: "I didn't want my mom there while I'm lying on top of a girl in the back of a car."
March 30, 2015
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!