Star Tracks: Monday, May 16, 2016 42 years, 2,191 covers and 55,436 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Teresa Giudice on Raising Her Four Girls Alone While Joe's in Prison – and How They're Coping
- Read the Cover Story: Matthew McConaughey: Love, Family & What I've Learned
- Struggling Teen Asks for Donuts in Exchange for Carrying Groceries – Ends up with Over $300,000 in Donations
- Grey's Anatomy Star Jesse Williams on His Powerful BET Awards Speech: I Want People to Know 'They Are Not Alone'
- Nicole Kidman Shows Her (Fake) Age on the Set of Top of the Lake
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 10, 2006
- Vol. 65
- No. 14
High School Musical's Ashley Tisdale
HOMETOWN: West Deal, New Jersey
LATEST GIG: Starring on the Disney Channel comedy The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and the network's hit movie High School Musical
BORN TO BE A STAR
"When I was 3, I was at the mall with my mom, and this manager came up to us and asked if I wanted to be in commercials," says Tisdale, who nailed her first audition, a spot for JCPenney. Within a few years she was in the national tour of Les Misérables, rubbing elbows with Catherine Zeta-Jones for a T-Mobile ad ("At the time, I had curly hair and she'd always compliment me on it") and doing guest spots on shows like 7th Heaven.
Between acting, dance classes, and going to high school in Valencia, Calif., where her family moved when she was in eighth grade, Tisdale worked at clothing stores like Abercrombie & Fitch. "It wasn't fun, but I did love getting a discount. Everything I earned went back to whatever store I was working in!"
Tisdale is the only female artist in history to have two songs—both from High School Musical's soundtrack—debut simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100. "It's weird to see my name up there with people like Beyoncé," she says.
LEAVING THE NEST
"I just bought a condo and I'm moving in with my best friend," says Tisdale, whose Maltese poodle Blondie will go with her. The granddaughter of Ginsu knives personality Arnold Morris and the cousin of Ron Popeil, she's well-stocked with kitchen gadgets. Still, don't count on her throwing together any gourmet meals. "My parents are just down the block," she says. "So we'll be eating at their house!"
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!