Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,178 covers and 55,102 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Bill Cosby Files Motion to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuit Against Him
- The Style Top 5: Cara Delevingne Gets Handsy With Her BFFs, Kim Kardashian's Unique Way of Thanking Her Fans and More
- Royal Astronaut? Prince William Shares Boyhood Wish During Visit to Japan
- Burger King Franchisee of the Year Award Winner Gives $120K to Employees
- Teen Encouraged Friend to Commit Suicide, Police Say
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- April 23, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 16
Tests Confirm That Photographer Larry Birkhead Is the Father of Anna Nicole's Daughter. But Whether There's a Fortune in Their Future Is Another Matter
So yet another mystery in the months-long saga of the late Smith, who died Feb. 8 of a lethal mix of prescription drugs, has been solved. But more questions remain. Birkhead has yet to gain custody of the little girl—a hurdle complicated by a claim made by Anna Nicole's mother, Virgie Arthur. There is also the question of whether Birkhead, as Dannielynn's biological father, is now in a position to take up Smith's battle over a piece of the estimated $1.6 billion estate left by her second husband, Texas oilman J. Howard Marshall II. Though legal experts see potential for both Birkhead and Stern—Birkhead as the father of Anna's surviving child, and Stern as the executor of Smith's yet-to-be-filed will—the Marshalls have vowed to fight back vigorously.
And what kind of future lies ahead for Dannielynn? Birkhead has stocked up on baby clothes and spruced up his one-bedroom townhouse in Burbank as well as garnered promises from his sister to help out with the child rearing. He is also said to be weighing a move with his daughter to his more sedate home state of Kentucky. Smith may have coveted the limelight, but, says Birkhead friend Ford Shelley, "He doesn't want the child in all the glamour and glitz. He wants the child to have a good upbringing."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!