Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- Queen Elizabeth II Turns 89: How Many U.S. Presidents Has She Met During Her Reign?
- The Best Photos from the Week of Apr. 13- Apr. 19, 2015
- Uber Tries to Charge Woman $12K for 35.5-Minute Ride
- Renée Zellweger: 'I'm Very, Very Happy' with My 'Cute' Boyfriend
- Andreja Pejic Is The First Transgender Model in Vogue
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 07, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 18
Food Trend Pop Pop Fizz Fizz
Tastes Like Fruit. Sparkles Like Soda. Why Didn't We Invent This Sooner?
Today, Kaufman's invention, marketed under the name Fizzy Fruit, is moving briskly in grocery stores (mostly in the South) and school cafeterias. Kaufman, 42, claims the added fizz "intensifies the flavor" of the apple slices, grapes, pineapple and oranges (with no sugar or other additives). At S.S. Dixon Intermediate School in Pace, Fla., cafeteria manager Maria Joiner says, "Oh, kids absolutely love it. A grape tastes like, 'Wow—grape!'"
Critics argue that Mother Nature's version of an orange doesn't need man-made intervention. But Jack Kirkpatrick, 9, of Atlanta notes, "It tastes like Fanta." Adds mom Lisa Kirkpatrick: "If we can get him to like something that's actually good for him, that's a huge plus."
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!