Archive Page - 08/16/13 41 years, 2,180 covers and 55,277 stories from PEOPLE magazine's history for you to enjoy
- RHOA Reunion: NeNe and Kenya May Have Just Had the 'Fight of the Century'
- The Style Top 5: All the Stars Are Going Gray, Amal Clooney's Stylish Sister Hits N.Y.C and More
- Check Out the Entire Suicide Squad Cast, This Time in Their Costumes
- Doing Some Spring Shopping This Week? Pick Up These Affordable Pieces From Emma, Vanessa and More Stars!
- Is Your Home Full of Decorating Eyesores? Rachel Dratch to the Rescue!
On Newsstands Now
- Matthew McConaughey: In His Own Words
- Jessa Duggar's Wedding Album
- Brittany Maynard's Final Days
Pick up your copy on newsstands
Click here for instant access to the Digital Magazine
People Top 5
LAST UPDATE: Tuesday February 10, 2015 01:10PM EST
PEOPLE Top 5 are the most-viewed stories on the site over the past three days, updated every 60 minutes
- May 14, 2007
- Vol. 67
- No. 19
Rosie: I'm Outta Here
With Rosie O'Donnell Leaving The View, the Search for a Replacement Heats Up. Plus: Cohost Elisabeth Hasselbeck Announces She's Pregnant at Last
The next morning, on April 25, O'Donnell broke the news on air: She'll sign off from The View when her contract ends on June 21. Despite the tumult of her eight-month run—from her feud with Donald Trump to her controversial views on 9/11—both O'Donnell and ABC network sources say her exit was nothing personal. O'Donnell, 45, refused to commit to a three-year, $6-million offer; and ABC refused to give her the $10 million, one-year deal she wanted. "In the life of a mother with four kids, three years is a very long time," says O'Donnell's rep.
Credited with significantly increasing the ratings of the nearly 10-year-old chatfest, O'Donnell will have plenty of options. Insiders say she could tackle a solo talk show, a late-night show or a variety show—all of which she is exploring. And who'll take her spot on The View? Executive producers Barbara Walters and Bill Geddie—who also haven't permanently filled the seat vacated by Star Jones Reynolds last year—"are waiting for the dust to settle" before making any decisions, says an ABC source. (Trump didn't wait to weigh in, telling PEOPLE, "Probably the only one that could really [replace Rosie] would be me, but I would never do it.")
O'Donnell predicts The View will do just fine. "This show was on for nine years before me," she said in an April 25 video blog. "Believe me, it will continue after I'm gone."
- With Paul Chi,
- Lesley Messer.
Treat Yourself! 4 Preview Issues
The most buzzed about stars this minute!